Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Need help: Replacement for SSD00087 - SSD RC Diamond Rear Axle Upper Link Mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2019, 12:30 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Need help: Replacement for SSD00087 - SSD RC Diamond Rear Axle Upper Link Mount

I recently ordered SSD ocp diamond rr10 axle from rcmart and want to use is as rear axle on my real bomber.

However, I was told about mentioned upper link mount was discontinued. Does any have experience of replacing it with other brand's truss?

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
lszomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2019, 12:47 AM   #2

Default Re: Need help: Replacement for SSD00087 - SSD RC Diamond Rear Axle Upper Link Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by lszomb View Post
I recently ordered SSD ocp diamond rr10 axle from rcmart and want to use is as rear axle on my real bomber.

However, I was told about mentioned upper link mount was discontinued. Does any have experience of replacing it with other brand's truss?

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Isn’t the upper link mount on the rear axle machined into the axle housing itself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
XD60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:51 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Need help: Replacement for SSD00087 - SSD RC Diamond Rear Axle Upper Link Mount

Thanks XD60! I brought off centered axle that requests an upper link mount. Reason for not using centered rear axles: so far only mip driveshaft is free of binding with transmission cases. I also prefer the off centered looking for my bomber.

Old 01-05-2019, 01:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Thanks XD60! I brought off centered axle that requests an upper link mount. Reason for not using centered rear axles: so far only mip driveshaft is free of binding with transmission cases. I also prefer the off centered looking for my bomber.

Oh right so you bought the front axle for the rear then? Well in that case, there is this 2 black link mounts in stock on RCmart. Not sure what the difference is but *I think* the stock link mount from axial is compatible with the diamond axles.

I’ve actually also been thinking of doing the same thing as I didn’t want a centred rear axle and just use lockouts on a ‘front axle’ to use in the rear. Let me know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
XD60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:15 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Hi XD60

The two truss you highlighted are for front only. One in grey color (on the top) and the other is in black. I think the image does not indicate that clearly.

The truss for rear axle has part number SSD00087 and was not list on rcmart. Amain still list it however it is in back order. Rcmart told me SSD00087 was discontinued and asked me to change my order. Therefore I come here to seek for suggestions.

Old 01-05-2019, 01:17 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Regarding use SSD front axle with lockout, it has absolutely no problem. There are number of building log for that. The current problem is about the parts.

Old 01-05-2019, 01:27 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

You can use a front truss installed backwards and attach the upper links to the top of the truss in the servo plate holes. I've done that several times, it just requires longer upper links.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:29 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
You can use a front truss installed backwards and attach the upper links to the top of the truss in the servo plate holes. I've done that several times, it just requires longer upper links.
Thanks, this will be my backup plan!

Old 01-06-2019, 09:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Thanks, this will be my backup plan!

I just went through this. I ended up finding on in the UK and shipped to Washington State. I also wanted to keep the offset center section. I'll keep an eye out for another one. I had no luck finding the gray one so Im running black on a gray housing.

Using the front truss on the rear doesnt work since the mounts are mounted on the side vice the top. I also tried this. It didn't work.

For what it's worth for scale the older 1:1 bombers came with a centered center section. I was the crew chief for original 1:1 Bomber Ultra 4 team for a couple years after it was handed off from Ben Napier, before life happened. Now I don't have the time to dedicate to it.

Kurtis
Donkeylips87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:25 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkeylips87 View Post
I just went through this. I ended up finding on in the UK and shipped to Washington State. I also wanted to keep the offset center section. I'll keep an eye out for another one. I had no luck finding the gray one so Im running black on a gray housing.

Using the front truss on the rear doesnt work since the mounts are mounted on the side vice the top. I also tried this. It didn't work.

For what it's worth for scale the older 1:1 bombers came with a centered center section. I was the crew chief for original 1:1 Bomber Ultra 4 team for a couple years after it was handed off from Ben Napier, before life happened. Now I don't have the time to dedicate to it.

Kurtis
Hi Kurtis,

Wow, really appreciate for your reply and great e-meeting you here!

SSD centered rear looks very neat and removes the hassle of installing lockout and truss. However, only the MIP driveshaft (does not have a scale looking) may work with standard length of trailing arms. However still producing issue with shorter wheelbase which I might want to give it a try.

I will try some other options in this case to see if I can have a solution.

Thanks and Regards!
Old 01-06-2019, 11:53 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

With the help from a kind soul in this forum, I have found one piece of black Truss from somewhere in this world. Cannot wait for it to arrive....

Need help: Replacement for SSD00087 - SSD RC Diamond Rear Axle Upper Link Mount - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using SSD Diamond front Axle as rear rngrchad 2.2 Scale Rigs 7 07-16-2019 10:06 PM
SSD wide diamond rear axle dgechrgr469 Axial Yeti 0 06-28-2018 10:54 AM
Rear axle upper link mount breakage Desmo Vaterra Ascender 3 12-04-2017 09:18 PM
Rear axle upper link mount popping like Orville Redenbacher Coldnorth Axial AX-10 Scorpion 6 12-08-2008 09:58 PM