Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: RR10 Bomber newb

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2019, 08:33 PM   #1

Default RR10 Bomber newb

Been reading threads left and right looking for info on what parts to get for the kit I built but cant keep them straight to go back for info. Hoping people will fill this one with which way to go. Motor/servo are taken care of. Looking to make it more of a trail/basher as crawling areas are sparse around here. Looking at doing suspension wheels/tires and what ever else either breaks or I get antsy and order anyway. Not sure what brands to look for and which to stay away from. Also not to keen on alot of the acronyms yet so help me out if ya would.
Tbone6943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2019, 05:59 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: RR10 Bomber newb

SSD, Vanquish, Hot Racing, Holmes Hobbies, hobbywing, JEC Racing and custom stuff like HeyOK have been good for me as far as brands go.

If you bash with this, just understand that even as a kit, its still an axial SCALE truck, it will not withstand punishment like a Traxxas RTR or the king of basher Tekno MT410 unless you want to sink huge a amount of money for all metal axles and high end axle shafts.

Your upgrades will be dictated by how much you break while bashing.

I would do the basics to boost durability :
Beeftubes, spool lockers, Vanquish stage 1

Vanquish clamping wheel hex, Vanquish wider wheel hubs and Vanquish servo mount

RPM rod ends, Aluminium motor mount, T-Bone bash skid plates

Get some single stage foams from Crawler Innovation to bash and keep the kit tires and wheels. You can buy eBay wheels and crawling tires for a second set with dual stage foams.

My preference would be a Holmes trailmaster Sport 21T motor to start, it's fast and maintenance free so you can concentrate on whatever else breaks.

I think the king shocks are not bad but you definately want some proline or traxxas for bashing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jboucher; 03-26-2019 at 06:04 AM.
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:49 AM   #3

Default Re: RR10 Bomber newb

Thanks. I got a revo 3.3 for big jumps just tired of nitro but will use that for stupid big jumps. Got a mx and 2850 cc sensored motor for it when I bought it. Broke a link end first thing so bought a set of rpm to replace as they break. Limited the throttle on the controller for now way to fast for what it/I can handle at the moment. Will look into those parts for durability.
Tbone6943 is offline   Reply With Quote

RR10 Bomber newb - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX4 vs RR10 Bomber CoolRunning Traxxas TRX-4 8 07-20-2017 05:27 PM
Rr10 bomber available from tower jaykim5708 Axial RR10 Bomber 12 05-05-2016 07:28 PM
Bomber RR10 parts Erik D_lux Axles, Trannys, T-case 3 12-16-2015 07:17 AM