RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial RR10 Bomber (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/)
-   -   Metal rod ends? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/609459-metal-rod-ends.html)

FANATICRC 06-14-2019 07:56 AM

Metal rod ends?

Working on my bomber build using the titanium vanquish link set but to make the rears work properly there only threaded in 1/4" into the plastic. My question being it the a metal rod end available for the suspension links or a plastic rod end with a longer threadable shank?

midwest_rippa 06-14-2019 08:04 AM

Re: Metal rod ends?

dont use metal rod ends. they get sloppy over time. use traxxas jato ends

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jboucher 06-14-2019 08:05 AM

RPM Revo rod ends have plenty of meat to thread.
Unless the VP links don't have a removable set screw?

I use the JEC Racing links and they have a machined thread with enough length for Traxxas Revo rod ends.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

midwest_rippa 06-14-2019 08:07 AM

i had to use jato rod ends on my vanquish links for my bomber. just to correct pinion angles and whatnot. i keep revo jato and trx4 length rod ends on hand and never have issues anymore

FANATICRC 06-14-2019 08:27 AM

Perfect...and no the vanquish titanium link sets are just threaded titanium rod stock. I have to say I dont know how vanquish stays in buisness everything they sell is backordered with no idea of when the next production runs will be...this drives me nuts, if my customers called and I was always out of stock I'd be broke and put of buisness

Shinchu 06-14-2019 08:27 AM

yeah i have always like the scale look of metal rod ends (i have owned several drift cars with solid end link suspension) but i haven't been brave enough to convert to metal on my trucks because of everyone warning me about slop.
it might not bother me and i would prefer slop over what happened to my ascender a while ago (plastic got soft on a hot day and pulled BOTH rod ends off my tie rod) but yeah its tempting.

i also keep spare jato and revo rod ends for adjusting wheelbase and stuff. might even use a pair for a making my 3D printed ford body hinge at the front. for some reason those rod ends are incredible for the price.

FANATICRC 06-14-2019 08:41 AM

The biggest problem I have is not enough spare stuff from other kids or builds. But I'll get there eventually.

midwest_rippa 06-14-2019 09:11 AM

vanquish doesnt go out of business and the reason they are always out of stock is because the products are purchased either by individuals or distributors instantly as soon as they are produced. you have to be quick to the punch. i snagged some axles last month where they were only on the site for 10 minutes before they were all bought again.