Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: My “New to Me” Bomber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2019, 09:50 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default My “New to Me” Bomber

I’ve been wanting to add a bomber to my fleet especially knowing that everybody is getting into the new Capra and it was just not the kind of vehicle I was really looking for at this point. I started my search for a secondhand kit built Bomber, lightly used with minimal modification and inexpensive add-ons that wouldn’t raise the price of the entire unit out of my price range of $400max. I think I found it after looking around the classifieds and eBay. Very surprised to find out how expensive used bombers go for especially when compared to other used vehicles and how much the price went up if they included high dollar brushless systems. This does not need to be a very fast vehicle as I’ve got other go fast cars.

Here is my used bomber kit. The previous owner added a two speed transmission, which I got working last night with my DX3R. It also included a Holmes hobby 27T Trailmaster sport and hobby wing 1080 which I’ve been wanting to purchase for the scaler I’m building now. The steering servo looks like a sub $20 metal gear servo. Kind a wish I would’ve known about that one before I Sunk $90 into the Savox 1256 My scaler probably does not need. Wheels are also Chinese made Injura “D” hole which I will need one extra for the rear spare that I want to run. This car came with an SR 415 which was not compatible with my transmitter that is not DSMR. Luckily, I had a spare SR 31 sitting around.
A few things I’m going to do to it to make it mine, repaint the body panel silver, maybe add some new graphics or my favorite monster energy theme, don’t know really yet. I think I’m going to change out the interior and hand paint the components maybe with a new custom skin and a winch would be nice but not necessary. What do you think?
Bomber
Untitled

Last edited by evlwevl; 10-31-2019 at 10:12 AM.
evlwevl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2019, 11:01 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: My “New to Me” Bomber

Don't use a spare, get some scale goodies
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bomber

My “New to Me” Bomber - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Making Crawling bomber into trail rig bomber. theTman Axial RR10 Bomber 2 06-10-2016 01:46 PM