Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: DLux 8mm shaft and knuckles on RR10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2020, 11:29 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Talking DLux 8mm shaft and knuckles on RR10

Since I have weight issues with my 9 Ibs-RR10 I changed to DLux Knuckles and their 8 mm FBA axel shafts.
I'm convinced about the size of their bearings, the super strong axle and the solution to have bearings instead of bushings on the knuckles.

I paired them with my VP XR10 C-hubs on VP wraith currie axels.
With the new knuckles and the new shaft design I changed from VP SLW 475 hubs to the DLux 475 hubs. So I kept the width on the axle.

The VP C-hubs are prepared for 8° inclination as such as the DLUx knuckles are. That's why I mounted the D-Lux knuckles headfirst, to keep my rig on 0°. 8° seems to be to much, when I want to do some crawling.

Because DLux works with metrical threads I had to clear the VP-wheels with the dremel, because the M3-screw has a bigger head diameter then the SHCS have.

Starting I lost the 2.5 mm hex pin twice, that transfers the power to the hub. Now I secure it with blue loctight and will change to 3.0 mm pins.
Attached Images

ToCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2020, 03:18 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: DLux 8mm shaft and knuckles on RR10

I run a similar setup on my Wraith. Wish I had the coin to duplicate it on my Bomber.

Seems every individual 8mm shaft install has it's own quirks, but once you figure it all out you no longer worry about shafts or wheelbearings.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

DLux 8mm shaft and knuckles on RR10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
8mm shaft. . 2.2 wheels ? SouthernComfort General Crawlers 2 07-31-2014 10:18 PM