Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Brought back to life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2021, 05:47 PM   #1

Default Brought back to life

Was going to be spending some time on an empty gun range this past week and needed something to do so I pulled my Bomber out of storage (been there stored about a year) and it turned on right away. Sweet!

Charged the battery, ran for a few minutes and then gave it a full charge.

Once at camp it drove great, I remember how much fun this thing was the way I built it. Climbing hills, crawling rocks and ditches and full speed runs drifting through the corners.

It was a blast until the original wheel nut backed off and got lost and the tire/wheel went rolling away. It was a fun 30 minutes..... So bummed

So today I replaced the sloppy front knuckles and bushings and all four drive hubs and cross pins and put on new wheel nuts. Tightened up a few loose screws too.

Going to be taking it with me on a cross country road trip here soon. Maybe I can get to run it in a bunch of different states where I have stops.

Too bad its beat up a little more than in this older pic

broadside is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2021, 12:26 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Brought back to life

Nice, they are a fun all around truck. Take some pics of it as u cross the country to put up here.
hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 01:59 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Should make it part of your trip. Try to find a LHS near each of your stops and get an upgrade for it, any upgrade, see how it turns out by the time you get back.
SurlyBurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 05:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt View Post
Nice, they are a fun all around truck. Take some pics of it as u cross the country to put up here.
This may be possible depending on what is available where I am stopping and how much time I have there. It's only 7,000 miles in 6 weeks with 6 matches to get to, prepare for, and execute at....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurlyBurly View Post
Should make it part of your trip. Try to find a LHS near each of your stops and get an upgrade for it, any upgrade, see how it turns out by the time you get back.
Definitely won't have the time or energy for that but was a cool idea.
broadside is offline   Reply With Quote

Brought back to life - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1:1 Scale Tamiya “Wild Willy” Is A R/C Car Brought To Life jsu101 Chit Chat 1 06-27-2012 02:33 PM
$25 brought new life to a dead truck! 64buick Newbie General 4 03-25-2010 10:53 AM
Good news, they brought it back dave56bug Kyosho Crawlers 26 03-23-2010 02:53 PM
An old project brought back to life.. 2.2 Trophy Bronco? PaulEZK Non Crawler RC's 14 11-04-2009 08:39 PM