Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Horizon Flash sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2022, 06:50 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Horizon Flash sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fox2go View Post
The Ryft kit says it it can be purchased for me. "Ships in 2-3 days"

But I am sure you are aware of my situation with the Bomber, which said the same thing...

Looks like the Savvy bomber says "Discontinued online" as of this morning. What a fiasco this is...

I did try to order a Ryft as soon as Amain emailed me last week saying my order would be cancelled. Gonna be pretty ticked if they keep *****footin around and I miss out on that deal too...My order status is still pending. Friday makes 1 week since I placed the order.

And right now, The Ryft kit is still in stock at RPPHobby

From my perspective, Amain is seriously dropping the ball here. How this plays out may just determine if I will every buy from them again...

Yeah, that’s unfortunate. I ordered some styrene about a week ago and it’s still pending as well. My guess would be they have way more shipments going out then they thought and everything’s behind.

Amain has always been really good to me and shipped out the next day, sometimes even the same day if ordered in the morning. IMO, I’d give them another chance after all these sales end up going away(if they ever do!)

Amain Addict
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2022, 07:02 AM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Thats the problem. I can't take part in any of the sales. Im fine with waiting for a backorder for weeks if it means I got a good deal. But cancelling my order, then telling me its back in stock after the sale ends, that's a little dirty
1fox2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 08:35 AM   #103
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
RBK would be an easy choice if it was available for purchase.

Guess I’m starting a new build, just bought wheels/tires/body smh. Not sure what chassis yet.

“My name’s Jacob and I’m an Amain Hobbies addict”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I see that now. They had taken away the ad to cart button before but you could still click the coupon code and it would add to cart for backorder.

But its gone for sure now.

Quote:
Thats the problem. I can't take part in any of the sales. Im fine with waiting for a backorder for weeks if it means I got a good deal. But cancelling my order, then telling me its back in stock after the sale ends, that's a little dirty

I’d feel the same way!

twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:21 AM   #104
Quarry Creeper

It still says add to cart for me for the Ryft.

I was on a chat session with AMAIN, they assured me this order would not be cancelled (The Ryft Kit). Any issues they are having are due to Horizon not providing accurate inventory updates. I did request that if they plan to cancel the order to let me know now so I can buy the kit from RPP Hobby. They again confirmed I should see a shipment notification in the coming days.

I checked again, you can add the Ryft to cart, but the coupon code does not work....

Why do I get the feeling that this order will be cancelled as well and I will miss out on the sale...

Last edited by 1fox2go; 04-20-2022 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-20-2022, 10:47 AM   #105
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
RBK would be an easy choice if it was available for purchase.

Guess I’m starting a new build, just bought wheels/tires/body smh. Not sure what chassis yet.

“My name’s Jacob and I’m an Amain Hobbies addict”

Even though the Axial kit is 100 bucks cheaper because it’s on sale, I still think the Element is a better value. Stealth transmission is better on a couple levels(OD options built in and the quieter and smoother 48 pitch gears), quality of the Element links are better(in my opinion) and the obvious quality difference of the shocks. A guy ends still ends up spending more building up an RBK.
smog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:59 AM   #106
Quarry Creeper

Ive been very happy with my Gatekeeper. It gets beat on as much as my scx10.2.

Only advantage of getting the Axial builders kit I could see is spare parts to rob or have the ability to share between rigs

The axles on the Element are a little larger though. The shocks are superb
Old 04-20-2022, 11:35 AM   #107
Rock Crawler

I considered picking up a gatekeeper a few months ago when they were on sale, after I sold my yeti. I decided it would basically be a smaller, less capable bomber so I skipped it.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 12:08 PM   #108
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgredjeep View Post
I considered picking up a gatekeeper a few months ago when they were on sale, after I sold my yeti. I decided it would basically be a smaller, less capable bomber so I skipped it.

Yea its a 1.9 Bomber that is leaps and bounds easier to work on
Old 04-20-2022, 02:21 PM   #109
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
This sounds a bit more like a way of talking yourself out of spending money
smog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 06:27 PM   #110
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
This sounds a bit more like a way of talking yourself out of spending money
You're not wrong. I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted to buy so I just didn't buy anything and turned my injora cage crawler into a bouncer instead. Lol

Old 04-20-2022, 08:35 PM   #111
Quarry Creeper

*SIGH*

Same email about my order on back order for the Ryft kit from AMAIN...

I speculate the order gets cancelled Friday evening...
Old 04-20-2022, 09:34 PM   #112
RCC Addict

I ordered a Losi 22SCT that was supposed to be shipped in 2-3 days too, no tracking yet. The SMT10 kit will be here tomorrow tho.
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 09:38 PM   #113
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
*SIGH*

Rpphobby.com has the ryft kits still

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
SCX10 JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 05:02 AM   #114
Rock Crawler

I got tracking info a couple days ago on my wraith order. Should be here Saturday.

Is there a reason guys aren't ordering direct from horizon? I got free shipping, and there's less chance a fulfillment issue would occur buying direct. Do the other shops not charge you guys tax or something?
Old 04-21-2022, 05:06 AM   #115
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I got tracking info a couple days ago on my wraith order. Should be here Saturday.

Is there a reason guys aren't ordering direct from horizon? I got free shipping, and there's less chance a fulfillment issue would occur buying direct. Do the other shops not charge you guys tax or something?
Rpphobby doesn't charge tax so for me as long as I have over 99 bucks in an order for free shipping thats my go too.

I have heard that horizon service sucks from a couple of people so personally I order from other sources.

Towerhobbies
Amainhobbies
Rpphobby
Hobbytown

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
SCX10 JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:16 AM   #116
Rock Crawler

Quote:
*SIGH*

Well that sucks. As mentioned above, maybe you can beat them to the punch, cancel your Amain order and place an order instead through Horizon or RPP. RPP is super legit. I'd bet if this happened to you through them, they'd eat the cost and still sell you the truck at sale price.

I just got my LMT yesterday morning, my younger sons slept with it last night. If the stock is there, they're definitely shipping stuff.

Also, Fox2go's experience should serve as a warning when ordering from these sales: wait until your truck arrives before you start ordering parts or upgrades for it. It'd be lame to buy $150 worth of parts for a truck that isn't going to show up.

Last edited by Fallen; 04-21-2022 at 06:18 AM.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 07:19 AM   #117
Quarry Creeper

I was assured my order would be fulfilled, because of that Im going to wait and see what happens. If it is not then I will be following up with Amain.

The first time with the Bomber sure I can let that slide. It is still possible that the Bomber is discontinued. It is an older rig after all and for an RTR to drop over %50 of its price...

The Ryft on the other hand is still relatively new. Unless they are discontinuing the kits because no one likes kits right, I mean thats why the bomber kit was supposedly discontinued

I just spoke to my brother, if I order from RPP and somehow Amain fulfills the order, he would pay me back for the second Ryft kit
Old 04-21-2022, 07:36 AM   #118
RCC Addict

I typically order through amain because I get 2 points for every dollar spent. Every 250 points gets me $5 off future purchases.

I’ve had nothing but good experiences with amain, rpp and horizon direct.

twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 08:30 AM   #119
Quarry Creeper

I have never had an issue before. I understand that this is ultimately the fault of Horizon. Horizon is not updating retailers about lack of inventory and/or no more future inventory. Which is likely why Amain kept the ability to purchase more Bombers. However, Amain is not totally error free. At least for me when they emailed about the Bomber back in stock (probably the last shipment which I should have had my original order fufilled) and allowed it to be purchased (albeit likely cancelled as well for many if so). Hopefully they are able to get their inventory management system updated or something to prevent this from happening in the future.

Note that I am not bitter or angry over the situation, just mildly irritated and/or annoyed. This wont prevent me from ordering from Amain ever again but it will make me reconsider using them for a big sale in the future should my Ryft order get cancelled.

Who knows, maybe its just me and my name is flagged or something at Amain. Hahaha
Old 04-21-2022, 02:37 PM   #120
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
I typically order through amain because I get 2 points for every dollar spent. Every 250 points gets me $5 off future purchases.

+1 here for Amain.

There's another 2 days flash sale going on. Boats, Stadium truck, radios. SMT10 RTR for $220... think I would have gone this route instead of the SMT kit for $110 considering cost of tires and a body.
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Horizon Flash sale - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ventures on flash sale! jason02ws6 HPI Venture 3 11-05-2019 07:54 AM