Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: What input voltage for RR10 "Savvy" factory lights?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2022, 02:44 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default What input voltage for RR10 "Savvy" factory lights?

I just bought a RR10 "Savvy", and it came with factory lights. I replaced the stock ESC and motor immediately, but the power supply for the lights is built into the ESC. Does anyone know what voltage they are supplied with? 6V seems likely because that's the stock ESC's BEC voltage, but I'd like to know for sure. I don't have a battery with the correct plug to use with the stock ESC, so I can't power it up and test the lighting voltage without cutting off the stock connector, and I'm not going to do that because I want to be able to resell them as new.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2022, 01:57 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: What input voltage for RR10 "Savvy" factory lights?

Nothing, huh?
Old 12-06-2022, 11:01 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I remember doing this on a friends bomber after sticking in a Copperhead System. I Soldered the Lights into a standard servo plug and put them in an extra receiver output. The BEC Voltage that powered them on the Stock ESC was 6-7V IIRC and thats whats running it now so it could probably also run on a 7.4V bec. The stock LEDs have faded over time but likely from water rather than voltage. Hope this helps!
xwaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 01:01 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwaz View Post
I remember doing this on a friends bomber after sticking in a Copperhead System. I Soldered the Lights into a standard servo plug and put them in an extra receiver output. The BEC Voltage that powered them on the Stock ESC was 6-7V IIRC and thats whats running it now so it could probably also run on a 7.4V bec. The stock LEDs have faded over time but likely from water rather than voltage. Hope this helps!
6V does seem plausible, because why would they build in a second voltage regulator just for the lights? I just wanted to make sure so I wouldn't let the magic smoke out. Thanks.
Old 12-16-2022, 10:12 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
6V does seem plausible, because why would they build in a second voltage regulator just for the lights? I just wanted to make sure so I wouldn't let the magic smoke out. Thanks.
If your ESC is gonna run a BEC of 7.4 it should be fine as well, I just bought a used bomber and the lights are hooked up through a balance plug for a 2s pack. Which fully charged is 8.4V and they work just fine, so you shouldn't have any issue on the new set up.
xwaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 04:30 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwaz View Post
If your ESC is gonna run a BEC of 7.4 it should be fine as well, I just bought a used bomber and the lights are hooked up through a balance plug for a 2s pack. Which fully charged is 8.4V and they work just fine, so you shouldn't have any issue on the new set up.
I've built several lighting systems for my scalers in the past. If you do the math, you discover that an increase of 1-2V in a low-voltage power system will have a significant effect on the amount of amperage shoved through a LED, and can quickly cause overheating, especially with LEDs that aren't mounted to heatsinks.

What input voltage for RR10 "Savvy" factory lights? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plug "N" Play LED lights for "Late Model" Mopars? BJoe 1:1 Full Size Vehicles 0 01-28-2018 11:16 PM
Hitec X4 Charger - "Input Vol Err" Drm31078 Electronics 6 02-24-2016 09:51 AM
Can you use a "Y" to add lights via the "bind" socket? buffalopeaksconstruc Electronics 2 05-06-2013 07:25 PM
New member "tomvaillencourt" seeks input on wraith build tomvaillencourt Axial Wraith 10 10-10-2012 07:32 AM