Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Parts sources?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2022, 09:08 PM   #1

Default Parts sources?

I’m new to this forum and picked up an RR10 2.0 a couple weeks ago when the flash sale went on at Tower.
I live in the middle of nowhere and need a good parts supplier that isn’t EBay. There are no hobby shops within 100 miles and I’m in a wheelchair.
I won’t be doing crazy bashing, but do enjoy putting on the occasional upgrade parts. I tend to upgrade what catches my eye rather than waiting to break something. I’ll be replacing the servo, links, (already did a rear sway bar), wheels, and a 2 speed tranny kit eventually. (As well as other items that catch my eye).
Who’s the best seller to use with the best prices for the RR10?
I’ve done a bunch of upgrades to a V2 Kraton I have, but Arrma stuff is easier to locate for whatever reason.

Thanks in advance.
Gamer1st1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2022, 09:21 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Parts sources?

AmainHobby.com

RPPHobby.com

These are probably the 2 most used online retailers of Quality RC Gear and parts across the board.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 05:23 PM   #3

Rcplanet.com is a main hobbies warehouse as far as I know.
CAcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 11:13 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Rpphobby.com
Rc4wd.com
Ohioskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 07:36 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

i buy almost all of my rc parts off of ebay i have been for 10 years now most of the time i get really good deals and i buy alot of bulk parts that cant be found anywere else
rpp and amain have somekind of wiered tracking stuff on there website so i dont shop there anymore but i do buy off of there ebay site same price usualy

there shouldent be any issue getting axial parts they have the largest aftermarket parts suport around you can build a bomber with out using any axial branded parts and have a lot of realy good choices to do build it with
i dont know how much you know about your rig but there are alot of crossover parts on the bomber that also fit other rigs and alot of times the parts are listed for the other rig the wraith is closest to the bomber but alot of other rigs use the same axles and other pars too

the gears i buy for my wraith/bomber are sold for the scx10 dingo lol even though the dingo was discontinued about 10 years ago and axial is still selling rigs that use those gears today but there not listed under smt10 or bomber there still listed under the dingo

Last edited by ferp420; 04-20-2022 at 07:40 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:26 AM   #6

Thanks for the info guys.
Yeah that’s another issue I was running into. There seems to be a lot of crossover between vehicles, but no clear way to tell what will definitely fit the RR10 as well as other vehicles. The car is obviously very simple and also obviously would share, (or be easily made to share) parts from other cars. It’s figuring that out before you order them that’s a problem.
I kind of have a love/hate relationship with working on these things. I enjoy the work on one hand, (I used to be an actual mechanic, and this gives a touch of that) but I can’t sit or stand at a bench to work on them. So I have to do it on my lap reclined on a couch. Needless to say that’s a little tricky. This does look far easier than working on the Kraton though.
Gamer1st1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Parts sources? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Polystyrene sources chino Chit Chat 4 09-14-2018 08:46 PM
TLT parts sources BrockGrimes Tamiya TLT Crawlers 5 04-18-2014 11:16 PM
good sources for parts? GiXeR General Crawlers 5 09-09-2010 04:57 AM
American sources for CC-01 bearings? hvydty1 Chit Chat 3 04-22-2009 04:26 PM
Sources for replacement parts? xj4krawlin General Crawlers 3 12-05-2005 08:59 AM