Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Axial Bomber 2 speed help!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2022, 05:21 PM   #1

Default Axial Bomber 2 speed help!!

Hey guys I’m fairly new to the crawler world. I recently picked up a axial bomber on sale and thought it came with the 2 speed. I was hoping you guys could help me by linking some videos and products to get the job done. I was also hoping you could share any knowledge you have from your own build. I’m looking for almost a step by step video. I would also appreciate a parts list. My understanding as of now is you only need the servo and the conversion kit.
CAcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2022, 06:11 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Axial Bomber 2 speed help!!

I just got the bomber myself. My first bomber. Been crawling for years, but was out for a while too.

Looking at the options on this 6+ year old platform, t here seems to be a few options.

Axial stock 2 speed. Gear ration on 2nd is like 1.08:1
Hot Racing 2 speed that offers the lowest gear ratio for 2nd (like .98:1.
Then I believe SSD which is about a 1:1.

That is for High gear. Low gear seems to be the same from what I can tell.

Hot Racing is pretty decent stuff from my experience.
I really like SSD products.
And Axial stuff can be hit and miss but their tranny gears always seem to be on point, if only their diff gears were. heh.

I'll probably go with the Hot Racing 2 speed to get the highest top speed available, not that I'll always use it.

But you can buy the SSD 2 speed complete and drop it in I believe.

Youtube is your friend for Build tips tricks and how toos.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 08:28 PM   #3

Hey thanks for the reply @Timmahh I will check out those options.
CAcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 08:22 AM   #4
RCC Addict

What is your intended end use? That should dictate your starting point. Scan through the threads on Bombers in this section to get some great insight, go a few pages deep to find the gold. From budget to deep pockets builds. If you are building a go faaaaaaasssssssttttt rig, look up white trash's rig. General use, Bill in Vic, the BGR aluminum cage rig of 2-shot, screamer's, all well documented threads. Durok's is good as well. As with mine, and me wanting a 2 speed, surprisingly, most everyone tried to talk me out of a 2 speed and accomplish more speed and torque with a bigger motor and higher battery s count. So I did that. I think the weakest link out of the gate excluding electronics is the front dog bones in the steering, diff gears are probably a close 2nd. This said, I had picked a Savy rig and ran it on 3s, 100% bone stock and had a lot of fun with it, goes about 8 - 10 mph pinned. I wasn't trying to move boulders with the steering mind you. I gave it to my son for his birthday and he hasn't broken it yet either. One final comment as well, shorty packs for the battery so you have room for the adapters for the Spektrum connectors, you will need a male Spektrum to whatever connector your battery may have, both Deans and XT 60 for me. Its nice to see some life in this section, I enjoy my Bomber and look forward to seeing fresh builds here.
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial Bomber 2 speed help!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 speed servo mount for Bomber upit4x4 Axial RR10 Bomber 6 01-04-2020 08:28 PM
Tuning bomber for higher speed? Spence Axial RR10 Bomber 8 03-08-2019 03:16 PM
Bomber 2 speed Huntinman Newbie General 4 09-28-2017 04:56 PM
Bomber Increase speed? 06yz250f Axial RR10 Bomber 25 03-16-2017 08:48 AM