Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Got my SCX10 have question?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 08:50 PM   #1

Default Got my SCX10 have question?

I just built the kit yesterday, I have not been into electric rc's in like 20yrs..
order me the fxr combo55t and want to know what would be a good battery with good run times for under $40 bucks..?

I have searched some treads and battery that are recommended are either out of stock like cheapbatteries.com and the people who have posted links are from 1yr + and links don't work or product is discontinued ...
I thank you all in advance...
4xfloored is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

get this u culd almost get 2 my budy has the seven cell he gets like 20-30 mins with more power than most 6 cell sticks
much lighter to my old 3900mah stick weighs over a pound this 8 cell weighs 0.50 lbs

http://www.tcscrawlers.com/TCS-Crawl...r-p-16620.html

Last edited by cooterwrenchen; 01-29-2009 at 09:35 PM.
cooterwrenchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:05 AM   #3

do I have to run lipo to get run times of an hour or more... mainly gonna be slow crawlin and slow trailing...
Old 01-30-2009, 05:49 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

On my Axial's, with 55t lathes and stock gearing, I'd get about 60+ minutes with a cheap basic $20, 3000 mah NiHm 6 cell stick packs. With 35t motors and the same gearing, I'd get about 45 minutes.
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:06 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xfloored View Post
do I have to run lipo to get run times of an hour or more... mainly gonna be slow crawlin and slow trailing...
With the esc/mtr combo your running...anything will work fine for you. But, these days i'ld recomend a lipo...less hassel! Maxamps is coming out with water-resistant lipo's (lipos do not like water) so a good even 2200mah 7.4 or 11.1 vlt will work great and give bookoo run time. Just make sure your charger is lipo compatible and your set!!
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:14 PM   #6
RCC Addict

4Xfloored, you have several options as the guys have mentioned. Either NimH packs or Li-Po. Now for ease of use and to just get you going I would suggest the exact same pack that axial uses in the truck. You can see it here: http://www.maxamps.com/MA-4700-6Cell-Shotgun.htm that 6 cell pack is made from some of the best NimH cells on the market not to mention you'll get great runtimes and it will fit right in the original battery tray. I tell you what you shoot me an e-mail and I'll see what kind of deal we can get worked out for you to get you going.

Jason@maxamps.com

Jason
JAM MaxAmps.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #7

send you an email.. thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps.com View Post
4Xfloored, you have several options as the guys have mentioned. Either NimH packs or Li-Po. Now for ease of use and to just get you going I would suggest the exact same pack that axial uses in the truck. You can see it here: http://www.maxamps.com/MA-4700-6Cell-Shotgun.htm that 6 cell pack is made from some of the best NimH cells on the market not to mention you'll get great runtimes and it will fit right in the original battery tray. I tell you what you shoot me an e-mail and I'll see what kind of deal we can get worked out for you to get you going.

Jason@maxamps.com

Jason
Old 01-30-2009, 12:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato View Post
With the esc/mtr combo your running...anything will work fine for you. But, these days i'ld recomend a lipo...less hassel! Maxamps is coming out with water-resistant lipo's (lipos do not like water) so a good even 2200mah 7.4 or 11.1 vlt will work great and give bookoo run time. Just make sure your charger is lipo compatible and your set!!
how necsesary is balancer? I have a lipo charger but need to read and see if it has a balancer
Old 01-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #9
RCC Addict

A balancer is very important and it should be used every time you charge. If you have a Li-Po ready charger but no balancer we can take care of that as well.

jason
Old 01-30-2009, 12:46 PM   #10
RCC Addict

what charger do you have?

Jason
Old 01-30-2009, 09:13 PM   #11

I have a multiplex it's a MULTIcharger LN-5014
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/240074.asp

features

• Adjustable charge rate current: 0.1 - 5.0 Amps
  • Detects low/high input voltage
  • Detects improper or poor input/output connection
  • Protection against the charger suffering PCB damage from shorted battery during charging
  • Strong Aluminum case
  • Charge/Discharge and Cycling functions

Quote:
what charger do you have?

Jason
Old 01-30-2009, 09:50 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xfloored View Post
I have a multiplex it's a MULTIcharger LN-5014
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/240074.asp

features

• Adjustable charge rate current: 0.1 - 5.0 Amps
  • Detects low/high input voltage
  • Detects improper or poor input/output connection
  • Protection against the charger suffering PCB damage from shorted battery during charging
  • Strong Aluminum case
  • Charge/Discharge and Cycling functions

yeah u will need a balancer
redmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:04 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmiller View Post
yeah u will need a balancer
Ok thanks, what is a decent balancer gonna cost me?
Old 02-02-2009, 08:05 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Sorry I had to leave work early on Friday had track time for an 1/8th scale buggy race practice session and then a race all day Saturday. Anyways look here: http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=34 we have a few options. I'm a bit biased but I would suggest our MaxAmps Method balancer. You can hook it to your charger and charge thru it. Simply replace the gator clips with your main batter connector and order it with what ever Hyperion balance adapter board you need for your packs. Yup it will work with the 4 different adapter boards so you can match all the balance taps out there except the Losi's.

Jason
Old 02-02-2009, 04:25 PM   #15

Thanks Jason, will be intouch with you..

Quote:
Sorry I had to leave work early on Friday had track time for an 1/8th scale buggy race practice session and then a race all day Saturday. Anyways look here: http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=34 we have a few options. I'm a bit biased but I would suggest our MaxAmps Method balancer. You can hook it to your charger and charge thru it. Simply replace the gator clips with your main batter connector and order it with what ever Hyperion balance adapter board you need for your packs. Yup it will work with the 4 different adapter boards so you can match all the balance taps out there except the Losi's.

Jason
Old 02-03-2009, 01:27 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Get a Lipo from Max Amps and a balancer and you will be happy.
ZUKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote