RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial SCX-10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/)
-   -   Nluvwithxlr8ing's Axial SCX10 Build + Pro-Line Scale Accessories (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/159912-nluvwithxlr8ings-axial-scx10-build-pro-line-scale-accessories.html)

Brandon 02-09-2009 10:15 AM

Nluvwithxlr8ing's Axial SCX10 Build + Pro-Line Scale Accessories

With the release of Axials SCX10 and all of Pro-Line's killer scale products I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this build. Over the past month I have been collecting the Pro-Line parts just waiting for the SCX10. When it showed up on my doorstep Thursday night I could not wait to get started!

Just like the previous Axial kit, the SCX10 went together flawlessly. All the parts and ideas that went into this kit were spot on "thumbsup"

The link geometry is perfect, I would be happy with it on a comp rig! Skid plate is awesome as well. I can also see these frame rail sets being used on a lot of scale builds.

Lately it seems that I have had less and less time to sit down and work on builds. Luckily we have Axial and Pro-Line around to provide the crawling community with the right parts to build a bolt-up scaler. That is exactly how I am starting this build.

http://www.nor-calrcrc.com/albums/album88/aaa.sized.jpg

Brandon 02-09-2009 10:19 AM

I wont post up all the pics of the build. I built it according to the manual. There will be a few changes eventually but for now its perfect.

http://www.nor-calrcrc.com/albums/album88/aab.sized.jpg

Went with a Futaba S9156 for its 340oz of torque and reliability Futaba is known for "thumbsup"

Other electronics include:
Kyosho Mag Mayhem (old school 21t single, perfect for scalers)
Teking FX-R
Futaba 4PK (Lights and winch soon)

http://www.nor-calrcrc.com/albums/album88/aac.sized.jpg

Decided to go with Pro-Line's new Ambush CGR body and cage along with the Western Bumpers "thumbsup"

http://www.nor-calrcrc.com/albums/album88/aad.sized.jpg

billysnarf 02-09-2009 10:27 AM

i was eyeing that body plus cage as well// let us know how it turns out for ya!!.. pics please!!!

Brandon 02-09-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billysnarf (Post 1611084)
i was eyeing that body plus cage as well// let us know how it turns out for ya!!.. pics please!!!

So far I love the combo. A bolt-on cage is awesome. I will have painted pics up tonight. Hopefully I can get the bumpers mounted as well.

Badd 02-09-2009 10:39 AM

you done yet ?????

sally1800 02-09-2009 10:41 AM

thats the same thing I was throwin on mine let see the paint

Brandon 02-09-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badd (Post 1611103)
you done yet ?????

Actually... :ror:

Quote:

Originally Posted by saydee1800 (Post 1611107)
thats the same thing I was throwin on mine let see the paint

Paint is done. Not sure if I am ready to share yet... Trying to get the bumpers mounted now. I have a few minutes before I need to leave "thumbsup"

sally1800 02-09-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing (Post 1611144)
Actually... :ror:

Paint is done. Not sure if I am ready to share yet... Trying to get the bumpers mounted now. I have a few minutes before I need to leave "thumbsup"

does the bumper bolt right up to the frame nice

chino63 02-09-2009 12:01 PM

Looking good Brandon! That's the same combo John said he will be using, now you and guys will be twins.:lol:

JarheadRCGuy 02-09-2009 12:15 PM

WHAT?? Read and read...and cliff hanger! ARRGGHHH....I'm standing a 24 hour duty post, navigating around government firewalls to feed my new found crawler addiction, and I get teased like THIS?? This is wholly unfair! I demand a recount! Something! "thumbsup" Looks sweet nonetheless.

Wrecker 02-09-2009 12:15 PM

Sweet Brandon.
One of my buddies has that same setup, his is painted silver with all of the scale accesories too. We've been beating on it for a couple weeks now, it's an awesome setup.;-)

billysnarf 02-09-2009 01:05 PM

Also you will love that brand new 4PK sitting there with the clear sticker still over the display!!! I love mine, just got it last week.

hitman46mod 02-09-2009 01:07 PM

It will never work.:lol::lol:

Brandon 02-09-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saydee1800 (Post 1611242)
does the bumper bolt right up to the frame nice

Just about. Some aluminum angle brackets and they lined right up. I will post some pics of the brackets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chino63 (Post 1611250)
Looking good Brandon! That's the same combo John said he will be using, now you and guys will be twins.:lol:

Of course! John has to be just like me. Although his might look better if he pays someone to paint it :ror: I should offer to paint his to I know it will look worse than mine!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JarheadRCGuy (Post 1611270)
WHAT?? Read and read...and cliff hanger! ARRGGHHH....I'm standing a 24 hour duty post, navigating around government firewalls to feed my new found crawler addiction, and I get teased like THIS?? This is wholly unfair! I demand a recount! Something! "thumbsup" Looks sweet nonetheless.

I will take care of you tonight! Glad I caused someone to work around gov firewalls to look at my build :ror::ror:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrecker (Post 1611271)
Sweet Brandon.
One of my buddies has that same setup, his is painted silver with all of the scale accesories too. We've been beating on it for a couple weeks now, it's an awesome setup.;-)

Thanks Rich! I cant wait to finish it. The Pro-Line HL Jack and the other accessories are so nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by billysnarf (Post 1611351)
Also you will love that brand new 4PK sitting there with the clear sticker still over the display!!! I love mine, just got it last week.

I have been loving it for the past month. Its an amazing setup. So powerful! Still havent convinced myself to take the sticker off the display :lol: I think I am going to go get one of those screen protectors they sell for the Sony PSP to keep it protected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitman46mod (Post 1611355)
It will never work.:lol::lol:

Dang it!

slientbob 02-09-2009 03:19 PM

are the seats full seats? like where you can put a driver in?

62PYRO 02-09-2009 04:02 PM

Bolt on stuff is for girls.:flipoff::ror::ror:
J/k.I can't wait to see what you come up with.Nice choice on using a Scout."thumbsup""thumbsup"
I just ordered the same body to see if I wanted to use it or the regular version.
Pat

Harley 02-09-2009 05:36 PM

So are you going to run the Chisels on this?

:lol:

jdawg53 02-09-2009 06:49 PM

Nice servo, that should be MORE than enough.

Hey your work bench is pretty clean too. :lol:"thumbsup"

I wish we would hurry up and get these trucks in stock so I can order one up. You look like a "PRO" so I will send it to you to build.
HAHA
J

rctrav27 02-09-2009 07:03 PM

WHATS TAKING SO LONG ON THE PIX UP DATE :lol:

punkuup5150 02-09-2009 07:04 PM

just ordered mine from rpp they have em in stock ordered yesterday shipped today hopeing to have it in a couple days and free shipping! and brandon were so going to have to rock race em hahaha kohls is going to be a fun place to play with these scalers.