Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: And another one!! SCX CGR K5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 12:51 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default And another one!! SCX CGR K5

Well i picked up another SCX off a buddy. I decided i wanted to run a longer wheelbase on this rig so i opted for the CGR K5 Blazer. I had some credit at my LHS from a raffle i won, so i used that to get the body and the first thing i did was hack it up and cut out the interior ( it was free anyway) and after some fine details i replaced it with a full interior. I have everything i need for the build except a Handbros steering kit which i hope to get very soon.

Specs:
SCX10
JR8711 servo
Mamba Max esc
CC BEC
27T motor
3cell lipo
3Racing Winch
Proline 1.9 Titus Rims
Proline G8 Flatirons
Proline CGR K5 Blazer
Proline Scale Accessories
HR Dig (strictly for brake stands and burnouts)

The only problem i see with doing this mod to the body is were the cage mounts in the front were the dash is there is not much lexan around and with a good fall it may tear, only time will tell
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2009, 01:09 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Well look at you go!

I'll be keeping an eye on this one fo sho!
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Got some more done and finshed up the interior. Mounted it directly to the body, all one piece now. The paint is almost done all i have left for the interior is the details.

Dont like the little dip in the body were the interior is mounted but its as good as its going to get

More to come soon!
Old 06-10-2009, 10:38 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

nice! i love these CGR bodies
scalerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:46 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuzz1 View Post
Well look at you go!

I'll be keeping an eye on this one fo sho!
Please do, make sure im doing things right cause im way out of my league right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalerfreak View Post
nice! i love these CGR bodies
Thanks! CGR's are great bodies but pricy. i just said F it on this one and started hacking it up. I think it came out pretty good.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:11 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

another one for ur son to distroy heheheh ur kids awsome!
punkuup5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:16 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkuup5150 View Post
another one for ur son to distroy heheheh ur kids awsome!
No he's not touching this one he officially owns the Ambush Scout, his for the destroying now. he loves to break stuff and then come home and watch me fix it
Old 06-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

oh i remeber hehehe i might have helped on that just a tad lol yey for crash up derby? we did find out that were evenly matched in power lol we both just spin our tires lol

Last edited by punkuup5150; 06-11-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:25 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkuup5150 View Post
oh i remeber hehehe i might have helped on that just a tad lol yey for crash up derby?
Is that how my front bumper got totally ripped off and my rear bumper ends snapped off :? NICE......
Old 06-11-2009, 12:28 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishline View Post
Is that how my front bumper got totally ripped off and my rear bumper ends snapped off :? NICE......

unfortunaly i cannot take credit for that one he might have done it while we did our lil trail ride hes rough on that lil truck i like it
Old 06-11-2009, 06:14 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Very nice build. I have a cgr blazer also and I did a full interior. I made mine out of styrene. What interior did you use? It looks really good in there.
rocksrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

dude ur kid is nutz behind the wheel.. i wish i had video of him jumping it off a rock and landing on my jeep.. it was hilarious... the k5 is lookin sweet. love the full interior.
NSR_CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:51 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksrock View Post
Very nice build. I have a cgr blazer also and I did a full interior. I made mine out of styrene. What interior did you use? It looks really good in there.
Thanks for the kind words it has been a blast building it so far. It is a toy grade rc's that i cut out of a Tonka Jeep Hurricane Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR_CIVIC View Post
dude ur kid is nutz behind the wheel.. i wish i had video of him jumping it off a rock and landing on my jeep.. it was hilarious... the k5 is lookin sweet. love the full interior.
Yeah i know, he has no fear or idea how much things cost but its all good i love watching him have fun
Old 06-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

The paint and interior came together nice.

Could you put some kind of shim under the hood where the interior attaches to get rid of the dip? It really doesn't look bad though.

I just got my 10yr old daughter a mini and she loves it...came in 14th out of 28 drivers her first time out...proud Papa!
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuzz1 View Post
The paint and interior came together nice.

Could you put some kind of shim under the hood where the interior attach's to get rid of the dip? It really doesn't look bad though.

I just got my 10yr old daughter a mini and she loves it...came in 14th out of 28 drivers her first time out...proud Papa!
Good for her,watching my son drive is entertaining to say the least. As far as the dash of the interior it has a shim already just couldn't do to much cause it leaves a big gap between the body and the dash so i think its about as good as its going to get. Ohh yeah thanks for the kind words
Old 06-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Well i finally got to run it and damn it is fast. The 3 cel lipo and 27t motor is out of hand , my motor was really hot so im going to have that issue to deal with tomorrow, but over all it works great. Strong points with the extra wheelbase, it flat out climbs i did some crazy lines, sidehilling is ok, definitely not running a spare! Wheel speed really helped out and i am really impresed with the whole rig.
Some more progress!

got the axial hubs to work with a little lovin, also you can see i made a bumper and winch mount wich at this point i really do not like but all the fine tunning will come later

i tucked the winch behind the body wich allowed me to bring in the bumper closer. I think i need to raise the bumper a 1/4" what do you think?

sorry about the dark pics:?

cut out the Proline gauges and stickers for some detail

whats left to do wheel wells, Handbros stearing kit, rear bumper, and light's.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #17
I joined the Band!

Sweet Build! I like your custom interior. Nicely done. What bumpers did you use? I am using the proline ones and they look good but I like the cage look better.
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimgard View Post
Sweet Build! I like your custom interior. Nicely done. What bumpers did you use? I am using the proline ones and they look good but I like the cage look better.
It is a HPI front bumper, i think Savage. I ordered the sumit rear bumper for the back nice and thin with led's in the bumper
Old 06-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Got to get out and run the scaler today. Was planning on going to the North Bay Scale comp but that just didn't pan out so i made it out to my favorite spot. Before i did I changed the spur gear to a 90 and it really cooled the motor down and had no overload or hot issues all day, added a couple of scale items, Raised and remade the bumper mount for more clearance. First thing i have to say is i had a blast running this rig. It really performed well and don't really feel it needs any adjustments other than maybe lowering the body a tad. Proline Titus and G8's with custom foams worked great and side hilled very well, vertical climbing was insane, 2.2 comp lines were made regularly some with ease. I am very happy with the rig and can not wait to test it at a comp against others.

This was probably the best line of the day steep 4-5 foot climb with a little side hill climb onto trail
Old 06-14-2009, 10:04 PM   #20
DOOH!!!

Looking SWEET!!

The white paint looks a lot better then i hought it would when i was choosing colors for mine, lovin the interior!!

These things climb like crazy with the extended wheelbase, huh?

Where's the lights?
MTHead is offline   Reply With Quote