Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: New guy introduction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #1

Default New guy introduction

Hi all, I'm new to the forums and I figured I'd introduce myself. I'm sixteen and just moved to East San Jose(if you're in the area I think I found a great crawl spot) I'm new to crawling but not R/C's, I've been driving R/C's for about six years now. Pardon any noobish things when it comes to my setup. So onto the stuff y'all wanna hear, I got an order in from TCS which consisted of an SCX10, a Novak Rooster, Integy 55 lathe, a Hitec 645MG and two four link plates for the front end. I'll be using the lathe or a Tamiya silver can. The four link plates were intended for the AX10 which is apparent but I believe I can use it in the rear and I shouldn't have any problems. I don't have any pictures of my truck or course yet but I will by this weekend but probably sooner. Now for the portion of me moving having any relation to anything, the house my family moved to is amazing for crawling, there are red rocks on the side of the driveway and small/medium stones around the edge of the yard and there is a bare strip of land that I can use. Yesterday I started work on this strip, I dug a water pit and a few different levels and then I put a plastic liner over the top and held it in place with some of the stones. Eventually I'll put pea gravel or something similar down and then the larger rocks on top. I also made a teeter totter just for kicks. As for the truck, while I was testing with a Tamiya TEU101-BK(I need Deans U.P. and solder ) I scuffed up the body pretty good so I am going to go wiht a sort of rusty/muddy look and make it look like a beat up truck. I've got some future plans for the truck as well, I spent an hour or so researching four wheel steering on real rigs and found a few older Chevy pickups, a few Jeep Cherokee's and a Jeep Wrangler or two so I was thinking of doing a 4WS system with a Tamiya Clodbuster or Wrangler hard body. Well that's all for now. When I get a chance I'll take a few pictures of my truck and course. Hopefully sometime soon I'm going to go to Alum Rock Park over here which from what I've seen should be a great crawl spot. Thanks TCS and Axial for great service and parts and all of you for making such great forums.

Zach
Decimati is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
I joined the Band!

Welcome to the forums and your new hobby. Post some pictures of your course and scale SCX10 when you get it all built.
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:18 PM   #3

Thanks Grimgard, I took a few pictures of the course and my truck and got a video of it too. The TEU101BK is temporary, I'm going to pick up some Deans ultra plugs and solder this week.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:33 PM   #4

I painted the body today, I was looking for a rust look but found Copper and Metallic red and blended them. I love the way it looks, there used to be an antenna body in the back but the glue's bond broke :? here are my favorite pictures from todays crawl.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:24 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Welcome to RCC and the South Bay. You got a start now make it your own. Also check out the regional section, We've got a club called South Bay Scalers you are more than welcome to join.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:53 PM   #6
I joined the Band!

Dude that paint looks cool! Very cool! I sometimes head to SJ to crawl but mostly to Berkerly, Fremont, South San Francisco.

If your down for some fun PM me.
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post
Welcome to RCC and the South Bay. You got a start now make it your own. Also check out the regional section, We've got a club called South Bay Scalers you are more than welcome to join.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimgard View Post
Dude that paint looks cool! Very cool! I sometimes head to SJ to crawl but mostly to Berkeley, Fremont, South San Francisco.

If your down for some fun PM me.
Thanks guys! I've been looking around to see what I can think of and I got the chassis and items like that picked out but nothing for the body. Right now I'm going to upgrade as things break. Time to check out the regional section!
Old 07-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #8

I made quite a bit of progress on my course and I'm thinking of ideas for my Wrangler JK build in the future. I'll post pics when it cools down outside as it's above 88* and AC is on inside.