Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default help

hi guys,

i starting to build my SCX-10 last night and I noticed that when I put the axle together it feels that it's tight won't spin freely is this how it's suppose to be or is there something else. iv'e check and recheck and everything seems to be fine. im am new to this any help would be great.
ped453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2009, 10:04 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Mine was the same just for the rear axles, though it doesn't seem like it is as bad as your's, it seems like a tight gear mesh. I'm gonna run mine for a while and see if it seats in. The bearings on the pinion shaft are seated fully in the axle housing right? I used to bearings stacked on top of eachother to seat it in the houseing, seemed to work, but still got alittle noise. Idk.
badBKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #3
DBR
Quarry Creeper

make sure the pinion bearing is seated all the way in. It is a really tight fit. I had to take a pair of needle nose pliers and pull from the outside to get mine seated.
DBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #4
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBR View Post
make sure the pinion bearing is seated all the way in. It is a really tight fit. I had to take a pair of needle nose pliers and pull from the outside to get mine seated.
X2 Axial makes it pretty clear in the manual and I suspect the bearings are not seated properly.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:44 PM   #5

I had the exact same problem as you.... and it wasn't being caused by improperly seated bearings, anyway here was my solution Rough Rear Axel
riftsawn is offline   Reply With Quote