Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: METALHEAD'S Ess See Ecks Ten

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 12:40 AM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Default Bedcaps...NEW and IMPROVED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch71 View Post
...yes I have vid of it landing on its top and side, and then top and then side again....

...sooooooo when we going again..soon as the "parts" are back on???

...I can attest that its tough..took a couple for the team...think it needs a stinger....
A stinger might not be a bad idea squatch. I played around with mounting one up way back when I was still working on the bumper, but never took it any further. Ohhhh...and the "parts" are back on.

Oh, it's on. :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70duncan View Post
Those are some good picts. I sure can't wait for the video though . My friends and I have had a blast making videos our rigs. I would like to see this truck in action .
Yeah, the vids should be pretty cool man. I'd like to start making some vids when I get a chance to play around with my camera and some editing software. Any suggestions on software?

But anyway, back to the rebuild. The first bedcaps were mounted to styrene that I glued to the tops of the bedsides. Looked cool, but what happened was both of the bedsides got all tore up. The styrene all ripped off, taking the caps with it. I'm thinkin that won't happen now. The new and improved bedcaps are mounted to aluminum supports that are epoxied to the inside of the bedsides. These are much more solid. I also finally tied the ass end together, which I always intended to do. This should help secure the rear end some more. Here are some shots of the rear brace and the new bedcaps, Version 1.2.

I had to make the rear brace either totally removable or at least "moveable" so I could still lift the spare and gain access to the battery. After 3 different approaches and prototypes, this is what I ended up with. The brace swings open on a brass hinge and latches to the other side. Once it's latched, I secure it with a regular body pin.

So that's where it stands for the time being. I'm kicking around some more ideas, so stay tuned.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2009, 05:10 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

If your using a regualar digital camera with a 2gig memory card or less, I would sugest just using Windows Movie Maker. It is free and on most PCs. You would be amaized at what you can do with a free program .

We have been looking for a different edditer that will work with my friends HiDef recorder, but have not been able to try any yet, as the weather is to cold or too much white stuff on the ground to go and shoot some new video.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #63

Question Texture

what is the spray texture that you are useing?
malibu 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Default Vids!!!!

How does Cartman say it "Kiick Aass"..that looks sweet man....

K, on to the vids, we are not pros...the only thing we do well is drink beer....

Vid #1..Windy, yes...fun...HELL YESS.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpbi5M67s8I

Vid #2...same same...just a bit longer.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOkdnWLfprM

Vid #3...crawling on a creek bed....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EofkAT5urr0

Vid #4...My Scout being run by a guy we just met..after he said that this is more fun that 12th scale racing....go fig..he should be on here soon...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxvFvyMbCn4

how the hell do you embed vids...Tried to use the embed in youtube..but just came out jiberish....

anyway...will have more, Metal and I have been talking...I have a camera that we can mount in his truck or any other truck for that matter....that will be cool....
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:49 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
If your using a regualar digital camera with a 2gig memory card or less, I would sugest just using Windows Movie Maker. It is free and on most PCs. You would be amaized at what you can do with a free program .

We have been looking for a different edditer that will work with my friends HiDef recorder, but have not been able to try any yet, as the weather is to cold or too much white stuff on the ground to go and shoot some new video.
Ive been fighting movie star and another by Roxio that came with my camcorder..to d/l to the computer...both are very hard to make fly...I'm askin santa for a new camera...found one the fits both her bill and mine....

so guys in Gruffles...keep you fingers crossed...

70, will check that out right now...

Quote:
as the weather is to cold or too much white stuff on the ground to go and shoot some new video.
thats the best time!!!! Metal and I met when it was very cold..Big78 and his kid and I ran in the snow when it was 0 or so....keeps everything nice and cold..so no over heating...
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:51 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Are you sure it was windy??? Good to see that the "shelf queen" has finally worn off it!!!!

Trying to do this?

big78ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:57 AM   #67
I joined the Band!

Nice truck! Bumble Bee! lol, looks great man. Very talented building skils! I realy like this truck!
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote