Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Open Diff at front

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 02:56 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Open Diff at front

does the scx10 give you the options of running open diff at the front like their cousin ax10? They both utilize the same axles, but the racer ax10 comes open diff at the front. They also give you the option of running locked up front as well. So does the scx10 kit come with these lockers and open diffs? Or only for the ax10 racers? Why? Not really going to do crawling with it. Just go through trails and what not. I do not want to see the turning radius diminish. I already have a crawler that gets the locker.
CarLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2009, 09:15 AM   #2
Im Brandon

The SCX line does not come with the open diffs, they all include the heavy duty lockers. However with the shorter wheelbase and smaller tires the turning radius really isnt that bad. Especially if you add a set of the Axial CVD's

If you must have the open diff the parts are available and will fit.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

To find those parts, would i just look under ax10 parts? I was also thinking of getting the aluminum knuckles and carriers. Axial said it will improve steering radius. Maybe I should get this instead. These are found under ax10, scx10 utilizes the same axles of ax10. With that said, getting these I should install them with ease, correct?
CarLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLo View Post
To find those parts, would i just look under ax10 parts? I was also thinking of getting the aluminum knuckles and carriers. Axial said it will improve steering radius. Maybe I should get this instead. These are found under ax10, scx10 utilizes the same axles of ax10. With that said, getting these I should install them with ease, correct?
Any axle internals for the AX-10 Kit, ARTR, RTR, SCX-10, or SCX-10 TR will work.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote