Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Where to mount electronics?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Where to mount electronics?

I did a search but didnt see much. I just got my SCX 10 back and now need some electronics for it. I have the hand brothers servo mount. I want to mount my battery up front and the electronics box in the back but with that servo mount it is hard to do.

Can you guys please post pics of how you guys have yours set up? Thanks.
C_Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Is there any good write ups anywhere on how to move the electronics box and what to attach it to?

And also one for moving the battery up front with the hand brothers steering and what to attach the battery bar to with that kit installed?
Old 12-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Did you study the pictures in the sticky thread about the hand bros kit? Is it just me or has the R/C hobby become less hobby and more about who has the most money? Part of the HOBBY part of all of this is to figure things out for yourself. Trial and error. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with looking at what others have done and getting ideas. When it comes down to it, you still have to do it yourself. I hate the fact that you can hardly find any KITs anymore, everything has conformed to the masses and is all RTR now. Maybe i am just old fashioned, but i believe that you get what you pay for. If you buy the kit and build it yourself, it will somehow be more yours and less something you bought. Also by figuring things out yourself you will know exactly what to do should something go wrong.

Sorry for the rant, just having a hard time with the changes this "hobby" has taken on over the last 15 years.
NeoK5Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I don't have the pics available just now but I also made a shelf for the back that I mounted up a project box from radio shace that I have my reciever, winch controller, and bec tucked into. I then double sided taped my esc to the back of the project box to keep it from flying debris. As you can see I made fender wells for my scx10 and that also helps keep the slop from my esc. The front shelf is great for smaller lipos, I run a 3s 1600 mostly.

Hope that lends some help.

Last edited by WarTrader; 12-12-2009 at 07:40 PM.
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:14 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

those help. What do you have the front mount screwed down too? Thats what I am having trouble with. I dont have the tools to make my own stuff so thats why I ask. Do you just drill holes for the electronics box in the back if I wanted mine back tehre?
Old 12-13-2009, 04:09 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

hey WarTrader not to get off subject but what did you make your fender wells out of
passinby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:53 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Anymore of these types of pics? They are helping a lot. I know there are more people with pictures out there