Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Tr stock esc up in smoke?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 07:23 PM   #1

Default Tr stock esc up in smoke?

Had 1 run on it bone stock esc stopped working in reverse and then started smoking didn't even get the truck near any water

anyone have a cheap esc I can buy?

Thanks Clayton
dsmturbo444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmturbo444 View Post
Had 1 run on it bone stock esc stopped working in reverse and then started smoking didn't even get the truck near any water

anyone have a cheap esc I can buy?

Thanks Clayton
Mine also! I just pulled it out of the box and my 5 year old son was running it up and down the hall and poof smoke everywhere lucky it didnt burn the house down or hurt my son. I called Axial and was told to box it up and send it back and they would take a look at it and see if its warrenty or not. I sucks to send it back on my dime and have to wait for a answer back...

I just paid $300 for a rig and now have to let it sit around hoping I get a esc back. I am not bashing Axial at all I swear by there stuff and will buy again.

When I called they said that was strange and havent heard of this problem b4 but I have read of at least 2 others on here doing the same thing.

Axial please help us out!

scrapen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

i have been wondering about the esc on the scx series. i am looking to get the honcho kit in the new year and have been trolling the forums and toiling over websites trying to decide if i should keep stock or go with a mamba max pro/ goat 3s setup. i think this thread solves the issue. Axial makes great products, but the electrics seem to be jobbed out to lowest bidder. i have no problems supporting multiple companies with a good rig.

Plus i have a secret desire to do wheelies with my honcho and i doubt stock allows for that
Nootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:59 AM   #4
Im Brandon

Hey guys, I know Customer Service is sending out one ESC today to someone. Did both of you call and provide your address to Axial Customer Service? Typically you are supposed to send in the defective esc, however if you reach him within the next hour he might be able to send it out before the Christmas break. We will be closed for the holidays
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:06 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Hey guys, I know Customer Service is sending out one ESC today to someone. Did both of you call and provide your address to Axial Customer Service? Typically you are supposed to send in the defective esc, however if you reach him within the next hour he might be able to send it out before the Christmas break. We will be closed for the holidays
What number should I call?
Old 12-18-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nootch View Post
i have been wondering about the esc on the scx series. i am looking to get the honcho kit in the new year and have been trolling the forums and toiling over websites trying to decide if i should keep stock or go with a mamba max pro/ goat 3s setup. i think this thread solves the issue. Axial makes great products, but the electrics seem to be jobbed out to lowest bidder. i have no problems supporting multiple companies with a good rig.

Plus i have a secret desire to do wheelies with my honcho and i doubt stock allows for that
The Honcho is a kit, no electronics included ;)
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:25 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I just spoke to Axial and all I can say is A++++ service they rock and would recomend them to anyone....
Old 12-18-2009, 06:48 PM   #8

Tried calling them last night and today but they were closed I bought an xl5 traxxas esc will be here Monday I will still send mine in for warranty though
Old 12-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmturbo444 View Post
Tried calling them last night and today but they were closed I bought an xl5 traxxas esc will be here Monday I will still send mine in for warranty though
They are closed at night and were only there for a 1/2 day today they are on Christmas break.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:04 AM   #10

i had the same problem only after 1 run it didnt smoke it just quit working
it would only go in reverse i didnt bother calling axial because if this is an ongoing problem why risk it they might send you another one with the same problem . the whole radio package is junk so i swapped out everything. but i love the kit though
mudster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:04 AM   #11

I will call them after there break. Other then the esc truck is awesome. I was running it on a trail and went to back up and it was going slow and I could smell the esc burning, so I turned it off pulled the esc apart and when running in reverse it smokes very badly

Thanks clayton
Old 12-19-2009, 07:33 AM   #12

I was thinking about geting a TR. When did y'all buy yours? Should I expect this from all the TR's?
jtanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:58 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanner View Post
I was thinking about geting a TR. When did y'all buy yours? Should I expect this from all the TR's?
Nope, I've had mine since October and haven't had a single problem with it.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:23 PM   #14

I got mine last week
Old 12-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanner View Post
Mine came in the mail last week. I dont think its a wide spread issue only a few cases. They are the same esc and such in the RTR Rock racers and I have had one of them since April with zero issue and I have ran in snow mud and everything else with no issue. I even power it with a 3cell lipo w/xternal cutoff and have had no problems.