Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: just gettin back into rc, buliding from blank chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2016, 10:46 PM   #1

Default just gettin back into rc, buliding from blank chassis

haven't been into r/c in probably 11 years, even then i was only into nitro.
I saw a video of scx10 and got hooked. I just snagged a chassis of ebay, plan on building it up. Im looking to get any tips and suggestions. i have a few questions.
are the dig kits compatible with the 2 speed transmission, im only interested in it to turn it into 2wd/4wd.
and are the metal axles vanquish/rc4wd compatible with the stock inner axle parts and steering knuckles ect? or are they proprietary?
also im looking for a very long travel shock, with a extremely soft spring that i could possibly set up a duel rate spring on.
Ktc89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2016, 03:03 AM   #2

Default Re: just gettin back into rc, buliding from blank chassis

Hi, welcome to RCC! For starters congrats on getting back into the hobby, I've been out for a while as well and am diving back in lol. I'm fairly certain that you can't run both dig and 2 speed at the same time but I'm sure someone will chime in to clarify, as for long travel shocks I really enjoy the careers ascender shocks, I just bout a pair for my scx10 and it flexes really great and keeps the suspension fairly low and not to tall. I would suggest getting the gear head shock relocation I also have it and really really like it, I would run stock scx10 shocks In the back and ascender shocks in the front(that way you don't have a hot rod stance) hope I could be of some help.
808 tundra is offline   Reply With Quote

just gettin back into rc, buliding from blank chassis - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gettin back into crawlin again Zack.anderson08 General Crawlers 8 10-20-2010 08:04 PM
gettin back into rc 87bigblazer Newbie General 3 02-23-2010 05:53 AM
gettin back into the hobby... bradabolics General Crawlers 1 01-27-2010 05:33 PM
chassis buliding software julian Chit Chat 4 10-01-2007 12:11 AM
Plans for buliding a clodbuster chassis? Metalbender Tools, and Procedures 0 02-12-2007 09:56 PM