Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: SCX10 standard kit version question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default SCX10 standard kit version question

I am getting ready to start building my SCX10 tonight or tomorrow. It is the original SCX10 with the pickup body.

I read somewhere that there are some errors in the build manual, but I have not been able to find out what those errors are? I did find an old build thread from this site that leads you to the RCDriver forum, but when I click it, it says I'm "banned" which makes no sense since I've never even been there. LOL

Anyhow, did Axial correct the errors in the manual or is there some errors I need to be aware of??

Thanks,
Eric
ericinMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I didn't encounter any errors when I built my kit version. Then again, it's a pretty easy/straight forward build.
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Nevermind, found what I was looking for. I had made note of these 3 and like a lot of things I save, lost them. LOL

1. Page 20 - step 31 shows the wrong connection for AX30516 - it should be attached above the steering knucke arms on both sides (the illustration shows it to be installed below the right steering knuckle arm and above the left steering knuckle arm - a clearer illustration of this installed part is on page 24, step #35.)

2. Page 24 - steps 35 & 36 show the wrong location for the shock spacers (or whatever they're called). These spacers go between the shock towers (part #AX80025) and the shock caps, not like the illustration in steps 35 & 36 indicate.

3. For AX80032 (shock parts) the manual says you should have 2, but I dont see why as that would give you enough shock parts for 8 shocks. Then during the assembly of the 4 links the manual references to use the rod ends from the same AX80032. I used the rod ends from AX80005 as they are the same. Anyone else recall this? ANSWER: lol i had the same problem with my shocks last night lol. all of the ends are the same so you can use some of the extras in the kit. i think i ended up with like 6-10 extra end links so you should be fine.

Last edited by ericinMD; 01-10-2010 at 11:47 AM.
ericinMD is offline   Reply With Quote