Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: My plans!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 09:21 PM   #1

Default My plans!

ok guys, after some help, i believe i have an idea of what im somewhat doing. I am using the hpi 2002 dodge ram body. wheelbase is almost perfect for it. I am using the traxxas reciever and controler (TQ3) that my tmaxx 3.3 had untill i upgrade in the future. I am going to use the Traxxas EVX-2 esc and 2 traxxas titan 550 21t motors. What i dont know is the battery set up.
icestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #2
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestang View Post
ok guys, after some help, i believe i have an idea of what im somewhat doing. I am using the hpi 2002 dodge ram body. wheelbase is almost perfect for it. I am using the traxxas reciever and controler (TQ3) that my tmaxx 3.3 had untill i upgrade in the future. I am going to use the Traxxas EVX-2 esc and 2 traxxas titan 550 21t motors. What i dont know is the battery set up.

Curious as to how you are gonna use two motors.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:03 PM   #3

I have some really thin stailnless steal sheet metal that takes alot of effort to bend. i am going to make a bracket that will mount to between the stock motor plate and the slipper clutch. The new motor bracket extension will place the motor over top of the stock mounted motor. it will line up great. I figure my only problem now beside the battery idea???, is that the motors will blow through the transmission if i slam the trottle and the axles are bound up.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
TSK
Shelf queen

Any reason why you want to go through such gret lengths to run two motors?
Old 01-28-2010, 06:11 PM   #5

Well, I want it to have plenty of torque but still have some good speed
Old 01-28-2010, 06:26 PM   #6
TSK
Shelf queen

You'll probably be more than pleased with a handwound 35 turn and 3s lipo. Not sure if that esc can handle lipo though.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #7

It can't handle lipos but its output is 16.? Volts. Wat do u think about running the set up I was talking about with 2 4000mah 7.2 packs running parrale( longer run time I think)?
Old 01-29-2010, 12:31 AM   #8
TSK
Shelf queen

I dunno. I think two 4000mah 6 cell stick packs in parallel would be overkill. Too heavy and you'd probably get tired of crawling before it dumps. I think one 21t would be enough. I'm just against this two battery, two motor idea, I think the weight would outweigh (pun intended) any possible gains of such a setup. I mean, realistically, where would you put all that stuff?
Old 01-29-2010, 05:49 AM   #9

The second motor would be over the first motor on a custom motor bracket. The two batterys would be behind the rear body post on the battery cage. I am not using a the honcho body for this build yet. Want to make a custom cae for it.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:58 AM   #10
RCC Addict

I use one 21t Titan on one of my scx-10's and it's plenty of motor torque wise with great wheel speed. I'm using this on a Mamba Max 11.1V and honestly could not see using 2 of these motors for any benifit. The extra weight up high will hurt you more then it will benefit you.
You can add all of those batteries, but like has been posted it will be overkill and cause you more problems then it would be worth. Honestly you would be fine with one motor and six cell pack.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote