Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: First time Crawler build.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2014, 09:44 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default First time Crawler build.

So after years of playing with Nitro bashers, I had a couple friends convince me to look into a crawler. I did some research into what to get and made my decision on the SCX10. I than proceeded to trade my old HPi Super Nitro rs4 for a SWB Jeep roller. The truck was in pieces, so I started to rebuild.

Although the truck had most of everything to get it back into a roller I didn't like how the chassis was. So while waiting to get paid I started doing some work on the body.

I started by sanding the little lines left on the body from the molding process. It was already painted so I just went for it.

Than got it into primer.

Perkul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2014, 11:56 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: First time Crawler build.

While I was working on this I posted on a few places looking for a complete roller to use for this rig. I found one...bought it...and was awaiting its arrival.

In the meantime I decided to start painting the body. I let my Kids pick the colors for the jeep. My boy wanted red, and my daughter white. So I split it up.

I laid down the white first.

Than after masking off the white, i put the red down. While masking the white off though. I got something on the truck that made the red not turn out good on the hood. Its ok though as this was a practice, and it kinda makes it look old. lol

Than on Friday, my roller showed up. However...the truck is way to nice to be torn apart to be used for parts. So I will be keeping it together for now. And have to use whatever parts I got from the Jeep originally to build it.

So I will be using this as parts for my Jeep. I put it together out of all the parts I got with the Jeep. The truck is just roller with T Maxx shocks. Bare bones roller.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:59 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I than ordered whatever I needed to get this thing going.

Ordered:
STRC Short wheel base chassis
All the plastics for the truck.
Driveshafts

I also put the Falken body on the Roller I got. Ordered some parts for that and my Honcho also. The Honcho needs a rx/tx to run. Thats the one I will be using alot at first. Its been used pretty good. And was my 2nd purchase for a crawler. I have been reading and reading on here and the builds are amazing. Hopefully I can get one rig close to something on here. Lol.

A quick pic of all my rigs currently.

Last edited by Perkul8r; 09-01-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:04 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Finally got around to getting my Chassis together. I ordered up the STRC chassis for it. Along with some WB8 driveshafts. Got it all together and now just gotta plan out what to do for electronics.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:26 PM   #5

I have to say, that rig looks amazing! Keep doing a really good job. Also, the paint doesn't look bad from the pictures. I think it actually looks pretty good.
Just_Another_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 08:20 PM   #6

Man i wish i could have seen this one
godwnlo is offline   Reply With Quote

First time Crawler build. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New RTR Wraith build is complete! First Time Crawler overbudget Newbie General 8 03-24-2014 04:22 PM
If you have your time again what would you build oj ozzy Newbie General 3 10-01-2012 10:04 AM
First time build phill005 1.9 Scale Rigs 3 10-04-2008 10:08 PM
First time Crawler basic build ElkySS Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 06-07-2008 10:57 AM
First time crawler build E-Maxx (with pics!) S1NN3R Traxxas Crawlers 47 11-15-2007 09:35 PM