Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: I joined the Honcho Club YAY!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default I joined the Honcho Club YAY!

I recently acquired an allready assembled SCX10 honcho. I got it for 250 with 2.2 flat irons no motor or ESC. I originally had an 8.5T drift motor and ESC i put in it and DAMN!!! It would do donuts on snow and mad drifting on ice. It straight up flew up snow banks. But eventually that would have broken stuff. So I spent $130 and got the Tekin 35T Cralwer System. Works awesome! Im going to try different gear options to get a little more snow wheeling. Heres some pics from today in the snow and slush.
Flexing

I love this pic

I also bought a toyota cab. So the Hilux build will be coming!!!!!
A DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Hilux trucks are fun. Be aware that the hilux cab is shorter then the Honcho cab so you'll have to move some stuff around a bit or just build an extended cab
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Yeah i have done some research. I will learn to braze and just make sick flatbed. There are soo many awesome looking yota scalers out there I just have to build one. I owned an 87 4runner with 10in lift and 36in swampers so im all about offroading. These honchos are so fun in the snow crawling. Cant wait for summer!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 12:05 AM   #4
MSH
Pebble Pounder

why no bumper?

like how it looks on the fatter tires.
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:58 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSH View Post
why no bumper?

like how it looks on the fatter tires.
+1. I know you get much better aproach angl without the bumper, but I think it's the bumper that sets this truck off. It does look nice with the 2.2's. Is the spare a 1.9 or a 2.2?
eemmaaxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eemmaaxxxx View Post
+1. I know you get much better aproach angl without the bumper, but I think it's the bumper that sets this truck off. It does look nice with the 2.2's. Is the spare a 1.9 or a 2.2?
Spare tire is stock 1.9 tire. Meh I think the stock bumper looks ok. Im going to make my own or order up a cool one online. I have been looking online and found these are pretty neat looking.

But will this fit on my scx10 is what im wondering? Its the RC4WD bumper. Has anyone tried this on their SCX10? Any other websites that make SCX10 bumpers? besides those dumb plastic prolines. hahahaha
Old 02-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

That RC4WD Bumper does look nice. I'm sure with a little bit of modding you could get it to fit, if it isn't a direct bolt on. I don't know.
eemmaaxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Today I trimmed fenders some more so that tires wouldnt rub any. Also installed headlight buckets and new front grill and headlight cover stickers. Looks a lot cleaner(pics to come). Tomorrow i might order up the 3racing LED kit or just go to the hobby shop and see what they got. Any suggestions?
Old 02-27-2010, 08:14 PM   #9
I'm a stupid C U N T!

the 3 racing or axial kits are nice, quick and easy you can wire up LED's the old fashioned way but these are so damn easy
Old 02-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
the 3 racing or axial kits are nice, quick and easy you can wire up LED's the old fashioned way but these are so damn easy
So with those 3racing kits are the lights on all the time? Or do you need a seperate controller for multiple sets of lights? I am going to order one up so what else do I need besides LEDS and the 3racing LED kit?
Old 02-28-2010, 09:38 AM   #11
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A DOG View Post
So with those 3racing kits are the lights on all the time? Or do you need a seperate controller for multiple sets of lights? I am going to order one up so what else do I need besides LEDS and the 3racing LED kit?
the 3racing kit includes head lights and tail lights that get brighter when you Accl, or brake, and side marker lights that blink when you turn. You can add on led's that stay on full brightness all the time through 2 of the open ports. You can also add led's that only come on when you accl or brake. I used the Axial strings with my 3racing kit to add more, I did how ever find out that the 5 led string doesn't work with the 3Racing kit.

here's a vid of my jeep with the led kits installed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9L7n2dAfmE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kpv-bYCFzo

Last edited by slobin3d; 02-28-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:23 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

That is just too cool. Now to research the cheapest site to get them at.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #13
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
That is just too cool. Now to research the cheapest site to get them at.
Rpp is the best you can really find and you won't have to wait 3 weeks for it to show up
http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/3rac-leds.htm
Old 02-28-2010, 11:59 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
Rpp is the best you can really find and you won't have to wait 3 weeks for it to show up
http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/3rac-leds.htm
Thanks man. I just went outide to wheel some snow and i smelled a burning. Picked up my honcho and it was sizzling. Turned it off quick and I hope it still works when I let it dry out and turn it back on.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

That's a sweet looking Honcho You cant beat the Axial trucks for the money.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:12 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Spare tire is stock 1.9 tire. Meh I think the stock bumper looks ok. Im going to make my own or order up a cool one online. I have been looking online and found these are pretty neat looking.

But will this fit on my scx10 is what im wondering? Its the RC4WD bumper. Has anyone tried this on their SCX10? Any other websites that make SCX10 bumpers? besides those dumb plastic prolines. hahahaha
they look sweet i seen one on fle bay
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:25 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

that bumper is 68mm between the mount tabs on the inside and the scx frame is 72mm. with the modification necessary to get it to work (i'd also grind off the part that protrudes beyond and below the front of the bumper also), i'm just going to have to learn how to braze my own bumper. i guess you can make you own tab that'll mount to the outside of both the bumper and the frame rail, but at that point you're approaching something as ugly and cobbled together as an erector set. if you can figure out a cleaner way to get it working, please share. i hope you didn't fry your electronics. we've all been there...
khj94704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

RC4WD makes some adapter plates to help mount that bumber on different types of chassis.

http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/product_...d963874954bcde
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote