Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: "Lone Fox" Build.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 09:11 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Great build....or should I say builds!
papakev01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2010, 11:37 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by papakev01 View Post
Great build....or should I say builds!
Lol yea..thanks

..interior shots!

just shows how i cut out the interior to fit over the spur gear...working on installing the rear seats again

It was sunny out today.

wheres a Californa car duster when you need one...

passenger seat. through the mesh

Shadow Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

well got my new rims in the mail today...RC4WDs True Scale 1.9 BL that I got in trade for a set of RC4WD Double Trouble Dually rims from "BiG_DaWgz" thanks again.

managed to mount 3 of the 4 Lol. got fed up dealing with the 12 bolts per ring..LOL. not to mention the center caps.

on with the pics...seeming they were aluminum I didn't bother weighting them because they were close to the weight to my weighted Axial rims...

Those are the stock center caps from the Axial rims...but I'll be putting the Tru Scale center caps on soon...I jsut need to drill the inside of them out just a tad to fit the flanged wheel nuts.

Articulation shots.

The front wheel is the non beadlock version of the 1.9 True Scale rim...just seeing how it looks...and I noticed that the non BL True scale gave a slightly wider track then the BL version. over all I love the rims.

old axial beadlocks..and the remaining true scale to be mounted

Tommorow hopefully will install my new CC BEC and my new front bumper as well as my winch.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

mounted the bumper and the winch...waiting on the Transmitter so I can install it....

Pfft...Marcus just got back from a bike ride and left his bike here...I hate it when he does that...

So I hucked it into the back of the truck...

Old 10-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

I want one of those bodies so bad!
blukon98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:00 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Soldered up the CC BEC as well as the winch controller... and managed to wire up and configure my Spektrum DX6...that was a bit of a nightmare lol

as far as it goes..I have 1 channel left after I install my LEDS...which will eliminate the onboard LED controller on the crawler.

so the winch is fully controllable from the transmitter now...and I busted the hook that came with the winch...Lol wasn't paying attention...and the fairlead ate the winch wire and snapped off the hook...so I'll have to scrounge around see if I can find a replacement one...

and I"m amazed at the winch...i was holding the hook and flipped it on..and it was able to pull my truck up in the air...no other assistance!

I also re arranged my wires and cleaned it all up a bit..

Old 10-21-2010, 07:14 AM   #67

great builds, the silverado body is killer. Love the details on the interior
bigt2317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt2317 View Post
great builds, the silverado body is killer. Love the details on the interior
thanks.

well seeming "Junkyard Fox" is on a hold for a little...Marcus and I found this neat looking roof rack for the Silverado....what'd y'all think?

Of Course i"m gonna cut the legs down a bit so the rack actually sits on the roof..but what do you think of it?

Old 11-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #69
Pebble Pounder

WOW! I love the detail in your rig! Nice work!
FoxintheDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxintheDen View Post
WOW! I love the detail in your rig! Nice work!
Hah thanks. I've put many hours into this thing...it's priceless to me..Lol

on another note I forgot that I found the Driver side mirror and remounted it...and installed wheel wells...(rear ones still need a bit of trimming)

and I need to re-solder a wire to the winch controller...it pulled out on me for some unknown reason...might've gotten caught in a tire...
Old 11-16-2010, 11:47 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

Well update..I've been busy with job interviews and helping my bf out with stuff...so yea.

I'm swapping out the stock axles on this truck tommorrow hopefully.... because the axles for my Junkyard build have better internals and aluminum knuckles and stuff. and this truck I love and so it gets the upgrades first...as well I'll be transplanting the 4 linkthe rear end from the Dodge....(both trucks have the same WB so it won't be a problem for links)

(the dodge will be stuck with 3 Link till I can get Revo ends)

and I'm gonna take a stab at making fender flares for this....

I've also got some guitar strings I'm gonna turn into CB antenaes
Old 11-20-2010, 06:01 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

Default Update!

Well finally motivated Marcus to help me swap out the axles....

Marcus got to work...

started undoing the lowerlinks and shocks then unbolted the top 3-link mount.

Then he got under and removed the rest of the 3-Link setup that will be going to the Dodge.

He got the shocks and lower mounts pulled and yanked the axle out...

Then positioned the rear axle for set up:

Got the new top links installed and now working on installing the lower links and shocks

and done.

then moved onto the front axle...and instead of removing the whole axle we jsut took apart the front knuckles and swapped out for the aluminum Cs...

got the old stock one off...

and installed the new ones.

more to come soon....
Old 11-20-2010, 06:05 PM   #73
Rock Crawler

I had some 2.2's laying around from awhile ago...just popped them on to see what they looked like...I think I"ll be stickign with 1.9s maybe pull these out for mudding...

Old 12-06-2010, 12:49 AM   #74
Rock Crawler

Thanks,

not much of updates..but I got both mirrors installed again....I'm gonna fix them though. so they won't break off again. I"m gonna mount them to small springs so when they come near a rock they'll just bend and snap back to shape afterwards. I also got the RC4WD center caps bolted on. and added more stickers..lol.. still need to mount up a new front license plate....last one got bent to hell when we lost the original bumper on a rock..:S

I'm also wondering how well paint would stick to the aluminum mesh in the windows...maybe stencil something on them....

I've also got a Dodge trailer in the works...
Old 12-28-2010, 12:54 AM   #75
Rock Crawler

Well I may be moving this body to my other SCX10 frame....as I'm getting a New Bright Jeep JK body this week sometime...I'm getting one from the Local Radio Shack...(they have like 8 of them)

Only doing that because this truck has a BEC and the FXR in it....my other truck will be a waterproof truck. And the ESC i'm using in my waterproof truck has no drag brake or LiPo cut off.

So my Dodge will be a Chevy now...Lol (Which is my other build)
Old 12-28-2010, 12:37 PM   #76
Pebble Pounder

Love all the details you have put in to this truck. Keep 'em coming.

I am curious about your LED kit. Do you have one yet? if not what are you thinking of getting. And would like to see any pics of that setup.
shcuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:55 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcuck View Post
Love all the details you have put in to this truck. Keep 'em coming.

I am curious about your LED kit. Do you have one yet? if not what are you thinking of getting. And would like to see any pics of that setup.
Thanks. I love putting the details into this...part of the reason I got into scalers.

I've got a 3Racing LED setup. though it's modified a bit. I got 4 LEDs for head lights(Kit comes with 2) and I got 2 LEDs for tail lights. Kit came with turn signals but i took them off. all the LEDs are 5mm (turn signals are 3mm)

had to do some digging but here's how it's all done.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:00 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

That is sweet, and your license plate is funny too, but don't you think that the shotgun in the passenger seat is suppost to face anywere but the driver? lol
arctichorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichorse View Post
That is sweet, and your license plate is funny too, but don't you think that the shotgun in the passenger seat is suppost to face anywere but the driver? lol
lol. thanks. well...the saftey is on so..=P

not much of an update....been to cold out to run it.....for some reason this truck hates running in temps below 0 Celsius...dunno why. But I've ordered a set of 1.9 TSL Super Swampers.....after trying them out on my friends rig....I want them....so much stickier and grippier then the stock Flat Irons...

Haven't done much with my other rig either...been working. and I've been busy building up my new PC...

For you guys that liek PCs...

here's the specs of it.....so far

~AMD Phenom II 2.8 Ghz (3.3Ghz turbo core(OCed)) 6 core CPU 1055T (True 6 core) (w/heatsink)
~Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H MoBo
~4 GB DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws gaming series (1.6Ghz 9-9-9-24 timing 1.5V) (W/ Red annodized heatsinks)
~ATI Radeon HD4350 512Mb (free) plan to upgrade it eventually
~ 1 TB SATAWestern Digital HDD - $60
~ HP SATA Multi burner $35

Total: Just under $500 (Tax included)

it's all encased in a Cooler Master HAF* 922 with 200mm fans front and top and a 140mm in the rear...soon to add another 200mm to the side and another 140mm to the bottom

*"HAF" means High Air Flow

Old 02-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

my new TSL Super Swampers came in the mail today....they are NICE. mounting them up this weekend sometime eventually....

can't wait to crawl with these....