RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial SCX-10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/)
-   -   Scale build plz help? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/243905-scale-build-plz-help.html)

XxRockStar199xX 04-13-2010 03:23 PM

Scale build plz help?

I ordered my stuff for my scale build. My first rc crawler was a mad crawler from exceed rc. I up graded it with proline flat irons 2.2 and a proline recon body. But the spurs strip out to easy so I'm lookin for steel ones. But I decided to go for a scaler so please help me out with this build.
.Axial honcho rtr
.venom 5000mah battery
.aluminum links
.aluminum trans gears
.aluminum spur gear
.heavy duty diffs x2
.heavy duty lockers x2
.wheel weights
.proline light bar
.proline scale #1
.proline scale #2
.grease
.glue
.12t pinion
.axial center caps

so please tell me if i am on the right path for a good scaler (upgrading to a novak rooster esc and 55t motor)8)

LS1Armyboy 04-13-2010 04:02 PM

it will be a nice rig, i vote to ditch the novak and get a tekkin instead though.

Benzbuildr 04-13-2010 04:07 PM

I would run a Tekin Fxr, Mamba Max or a Holmes esc so when you go lipo you will have a good Esc, I would run at least a 35t motor, You will like the wheel speed better."thumbsup"

Why are you stripping spur gears? are you running the slipper?

Creepy Inc. 04-13-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxRockStar199xX (Post 2406801)

I ordered my stuff for my scale build. My first rc crawler was a mad crawler from exceed rc. I up graded it with proline flat irons 2.2 and a proline recon body. But the spurs strip out to easy so I'm lookin for steel ones. But I decided to go for a scaler so please help me out with this build.
.Axial honcho rtr
.venom 5000mah battery Get a Lipo for sure
.aluminum links Pretty sure the Honcho has them already
.aluminum trans gears Not really needed
.aluminum spur gear Not really needed
.heavy duty diffs x2 Wait until the stock ones get sloppy
.heavy duty lockers x2 Honcho already has HD lockers
.wheel weights
.proline light bar
.proline scale #1
.proline scale #2
.grease
.glue
.12t pinion I realy like the 14tooth
.axial center caps

so please tell me if i am on the right path for a good scaler (upgrading to a novak rooster esc and 55t motor)8)

Deaf get the Tekin with a 35T motor as a combo there about $120 as a set then you can run 3s.

XxRockStar199xX 04-13-2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzbuildr (Post 2406869)
I would run a Tekin Fxr, Mamba Max or a Holmes esc so when you go lipo you will have a good Esc, I would run at least a 35t motor, You will like the wheel speed better."thumbsup"

Why are you stripping spur gears? are you running the slipper?

the exceed mad crawler has MOA axles with no slipper clutch and the axles are longer than any other ones i've seen such as bully axles so it want mount up right

XxRockStar199xX 04-13-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creepy Inc. (Post 2407142)
Deaf get the Tekin with a 35T motor as a combo there about $120 as a set then you can run 3s.

the rtr honcho has plastic links and i can run a lipo with out upgradin the esc but i plan on that and will prolly go with the Tekin with a 35T motor

Shadow Fox 04-13-2010 07:12 PM

I would stick with a plastic spur gear and have the internals metal...It's always best to have a weak point in your drive train to avoid major issues....and a plastic spur is only about $3 to replace vs what could be more if something else gives...so metal internal gears would be fine and a plastic spur would be best..

digger48 04-13-2010 11:14 PM

new biuld

i would go with fxr pro has no limit about 30.00 more "thumbsup"

GP40X 04-14-2010 06:28 PM

Holmes Hobbies Torquemaster BR-XL with a Torquemaster Sport 35T brushed motor. 80 amp continuous 6S Lipo rating. 6 volt 5 amp Internal Switching BEC (no external Castle BEC needed). Can program and change settings with a Castle Link. Can also be waterproofed by Holmes Hobbies. Use a 1600-1800 or larger 3S lipo with a high C rating for lots of wheel speed (I use Hyperion G3 VX 3S 35C lipos). :mrgreen: