Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Newb w/ an SCX10 TR Dingo - questions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 02:20 AM   #1

Default Newb w/ an SCX10 TR Dingo - questions...

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/ax30549.htm

whats up everyone. i am new to crawling as well, but not new to rc. i race short course and 8th scale at my local club track here in socal, and honestly i thought crawling would never be for me. well....

...i saw the scx10 tr and i was in love. after at least 3 or 4 months, i finally gave in and bought a roller. i wanted a honcho, but i got a pretty good deal on a dingo. i got just the roller with servo and motor, that's it. ive been doing a lot of reading here and on other forums, but i get the most info here. i just have one or two questions if you guys can help a newb out.

with the above kit, is there anything else i need to 4 link my dingo? i think i need the 4 link truss or trusses, but i don't have the part number for those. can anyone explain to me what i need or what i need to do?

does it 4 link the front and rear with this kit? if not, what would i need to 4 link the front and rear...two kits?

i don't want to spend a lot of money on this project yet, because i don't know if i really like it or not. anything you can suggest to save money would be awesome. i plan on adding some weight to the wheels and moving the battery tray forward. i am going to look for how to do that now.

thanks a lot.
cadillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Hey bud. The above kit is definitely an upgrade, but it is just to upgrade to alum links from the stock plastics. As far a 4 linking the rear you can either get the axial tr 4 link truss or hit up R2j about the one he sells. Both use the same length upper links as lowers. Good thing with the axial one is you can use ur stock lowers as uppers to save cash. But the R2j one is BAD @$$. Don't know about the front and the 4 link as I went with the hand brothers steering 3 link kit on both mine. But it has been done. Search a little more and I'll get it.

Jake
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:51 AM   #3

I know in the Honcho TR it came with the 4 link truss in the extra bag of parts. Does the Dingo come with an extra bag of parts?
brrneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
RCC Addict

The Dingo TR does also, but I think he got it as a roller.
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:34 AM   #5

well....

i am getting the honcho now.

i had the dingo and i beat it, but i never really learned anything. i ended up trading it to a guy for a tc and now i want another one again. i should have traded something else.

i do like how the new scx10 rtr kit is coming packaged with the unlabeled sidewinder esc. we can see how long my patience holds out for that one. either way, i will have a scx10 sooner or later.
cadillac is offline   Reply With Quote