Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Binare's 73 Bronco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #1

Default Binare's 73 Bronco

May as well make my first post something useful ;) This is my first scaler, actually my first electric too, been interestin so far hehe.

It was the Tamiya Bronco body that sold me on gettin a scaler in the first place, the scx10 seemed like the perfect platform so off I went shopping and hacking, and cutting, and hacking some more.

The used scx10 I picked up had a 3racing winch and Proline Western bumpers already, But I didn't like how big the front one was, after lots of filing and cutting I got it down to a more scale size for the body I think. Had to ditch the cheesy proline rack and pickup a 3racing one as well, think it looks alright. spare tire is a Flatiron but the trucks sittin on RC4WD true scales wrapped in rock stompers.

645MG mounted on the front axle, rebel 2, rx and winch control mounted to the servo.

Moved the front crossmember forward, can see the top of the front bumper bracket I made attached to it.

Didn't like the blue anodizing on the true scales, de-anodized em and shot flat black.

Mirrored the tranny (was bored I guess) and mounted a 55T Tekin. Only green thing left are those two rear upper links.

Rear bumper bracket mounted to the rear cross member just the like front. moved all my crossbracing to the upper shock towers. Battery in the back, I really got no where else to put that sucker on this thing. For now im just running a 1200 mah Traxxas battery. soon ill bite the bullet and go lipo.

Did NOT want holes in the body, so I came up this top heavy, velco mount with some leftover alumimum. Its way more complicated then it needs to be, but she works.

Layer of black vinyl under the velco on the body, to protect the paint. I can toss this thing around by the body without anything movin, happy with it, minus the weight.

Still gotta do the lights, clean up the wiring and add some scale goodies. Resisting the urge to pickup an 35T fxr combo which im losing badly I think! Other then, lemme know what ya think.

Cheers

Last edited by Binare; 09-12-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Binare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Nice truck!!! I like the bumpers mounts

Why don't you put the NiMh battery pack in front?
Sylvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #3

I've tried and tried, but with my current it aint possible. Ill have another go at it when I get the fxr, don't wanna spend too much time on extending wires if its all gonna change. Same deal with waterproofing, ill wait ill I get the eq I want in er.

Thanks for the props mate.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #4

Looks great I got one of thosse bodies just sittin around somewhere. After lookin at yours I might have to dig it out and out it together. Once again looks great.
slowpoke69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #5

Thanks, fan of yours as well. Hackin up the frame wasn't that bad, fittin bumpers and crap was time consuming. I was lucky had got tons of links with the scx when I got it. More or less went together like lego, big fan of this chassis so far.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

can someone tell me what the wheelbase is of the tamiya bronco.
murky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Looks good man.

I am in the process of starting my SCX-10 Bronco as well. Next up is cutting the chassis. I have the links all done. Just gotta paint, cut, and drive. LOL..

Nice job.
SMFtwstdHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #8
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binare View Post
... so off I went shopping and hacking, and cutting, and hacking some more.
Welcome to RCC and rc crawling. Nice work on piecing together the Bronco.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Yes. Plus one for bronco builds! Nice looking rig
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:30 PM   #10

thanks for the props guys maybe my quality will reach the rest of ya someday.

Pick a few brains while im at it:
I got a full set of flatirons, i see most people run em, is it becuase thats what these scx10s seem to come with? or are they maybe a better then the rock stompers? I dread all those tiny ass screws, figured I'd ask before I tried em out. I'd hate to drill these true scales, so not runnin any foams for now, just air.

Cheers

Last edited by Binare; 09-12-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:02 PM   #11

Got a few goodies done tonight. Got my head and taillights done. I used to black vinyl again to keep to the wires nice and tight to the body. Also figured out I get 6 volts from the bind plug on my receiver, just made a simple harness to plug in to it with a Deans micro on one end and a jst on the other, then I just plug the body in if I want the lights on.

Made up a license plate, for sale sign, couple recovery straps and some bungee cords just for shites. Nothing new, nothing special ;)

I still need to get this biatch dirty!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:39 PM   #12
RCC Addict

I give it that. again i said awesome build!!!
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote