Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Mighty Axial (The Start)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 04:24 AM   #1

Exclamation Mighty Axial (The Start)

[FONT=Verdana]Hey Guys, Well Today I Received My Axial SCX10 Trail Honcho TR RTR From CKRC Crawlers. When I Bought The Rig I Bought It With A Novak 45t Motor & Wired That Up. So Then I Took It For My First Run & My Front Lights Blew Up (For Whatever Reason) So I Thought I Could Fix That Later So I Kept On With The Trail... Then It Came Time To Swap Over Batteries. When I Pluged In My Battery I Didn't Think & Done Positive To Negative & I Blew Up My ESC. So Now I Have No Truck Unless I Want To Go Crawl Backwards So Now I Need To Buy A New ESC & I Have Been Looking At The Tekin FXR. Please Leave Some Comments About ESC's. Anyway, Here Is The Only Picture I Have Flexing Against My Study Wall Aww That Sucks, I Wrote All This And I Can't Figure Out How To Insert A Picture I Need Some Help With That Too... So Leave Your Interesting & Creative Comments In The Comment Section Below.
Lexar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2010, 04:27 AM   #2

[QUOTE=Lexar;2633349][FONT=Verdana]Hey Guys, Well Today I Received My Axial SCX10 Trail Honcho TR RTR From CKRC Crawlers. When I Bought The Rig I Bought It With A Novak 45t Motor & Wired That Up. So Then I Took It For My First Run & My Front Lights Blew Up (For Whatever Reason) So I Thought I Could Fix That Later So I Kept On With The Trail... Then It Came Time To Swap Over Batteries. When I Pluged In My Battery I Didn't Think & Done Positive To Negative & I Blew Up My ESC. So Now I Have No Truck Unless I Want To Go Crawl Backwards So Now I Need To Buy A New ESC & I Have Been Looking At The Tekin FXR. Please Leave Some Comments About ESC's. Anyway, Here Is The Only Picture I Have Flexing Against My Study Wall Aww That Sucks, I Wrote All This And I Can't Figure Out How To Insert A Picture I Need Some Help With That Too... So Leave Your Interesting & Creative Comments In The Comment Section Below.
Lexar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:49 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexar View Post
[... So Leave Your Interesting & Creative Comments In The Comment Section Below.
Why do you have to use capitals to start Every word? That was really hard to read.

Congrats on the purchase by the way. Check the Electronics section. You'll find heaps of positive comments on the FXR. My new Honcho should be here any day now too!
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:02 AM   #4
On the lookout for Rocks

Here's how to post pics

Posting Pics For Dummies
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Fxr is the way to go! how did you get the wires reversed? isn't there a plug? they are only made to go one way... just my .02
drift_this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:25 AM   #6
RCC Addict

The FX R can run a 3 cell lipo! Its very small and runs cool.
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:34 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

You can send it back to Novak, they can fix it or take it in trade. much cheaper than a new one.
hanstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:49 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_this View Post
Fxr is the way to go! how did you get the wires reversed? isn't there a plug? they are only made to go one way... just my .02
X2. It is the best ESC IMO. Small, 2-3s and with the link will hook to your computer along with other things. Just do it right from the start and pick up the combo.
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

The FXR is the way to go, great support too. Toss it in a radio shack project box and its water proof. I run mine with a CC BEC(2 of them) one set at 6v for the radio/servo and the other set at 7.4v for the winches and the lights. With the Hot wire you don't have to take it out to program it. How did you plug the battery in backwards? the plugs don't let you do that. Anyway have fun with your rig, soon you will be moding and fabing every thing for it.
ynmech is offline   Reply With Quote