Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: virgin rc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 08:01 AM   #1

Default virgin rc

hey

im so close to getting my new scx10 but have a few questions

im buying the kit version as im new to rc and crawling but it looks sweet. i have looked round and found a rooster esc and novak 45t motor for it then a hi tech 645 servo for steering. im on a budget but want to know if thes products are good or suited to the scx 10 and want to know your opinion

like i said im new so you are my teachers at the moment.

cheers
ranover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

everything you listed will work just fine. If you haven't bought the novak yet, I would go with the tekin fxr combo. ckrc.com has that one, its about the same price and you have more options. like running 2s or 3s batteries, and you can buy an add on and link the ESC to your computer.
just my .02

its your truck, do what you want with it! get some pics on here!
drift_this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_this View Post
everything you listed will work just fine. If you haven't bought the novak yet, I would go with the tekin fxr combo. ckrc.com has that one, its about the same price and you have more options. like running 2s or 3s batteries, and you can buy an add on and link the ESC to your computer.
just my .02

its your truck, do what you want with it! get some pics on here!

The website for CKRC is www.ckrccrawlers.com/
t9dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

i agree with the above. novak is a good product but it's only a 2cell capable esc. Alot of us run 3cell in our scalers. you can also consider the castle sidewinder. best thing about the fxr though is the size of the esc. your servo is fine and motor are fine, might think about getting a 35t for more wheel speed though especially of you run 2cell lipo or nimh batteries.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranover View Post
hey

im so close to getting my new scx10 but have a few questions

im buying the kit version as im new to rc and crawling but it looks sweet. i have looked round and found a rooster esc and novak 45t motor for it then a hi tech 645 servo for steering. im on a budget but want to know if thes products are good or suited to the scx 10 and want to know your opinion

like i said im new so you are my teachers at the moment.

cheers
Welcome to the hobby, The Novak rooster motor combo is a perfect choice and you can run either NIMH (7cell) or LIPO batteries (2s) I own 5 different crawlers and all of them use the Novak Rooster ESC and I have had zero problems with it and Novak has the best customer service around.

The Hitech servo is a good choice as well. Post some pictures when you got it all put together.
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:38 AM   #6

cheers guys

well i got the novak combo in the end. got a bit cart happy and started adding things like rok lox tyres, winch and suspension but deleted it in the end :( now just have to sit back and wait as im in australia and i bought my gear from the US (better shops and support in my opinion and same price)

anyway pics up soon

have to decide on what body to use as i have the standard body, defender(dingo) or a jeep body from new bright. also have to learn how to braze and get making my front bar and cages

must say great site will be a frequent here in future

dan
ranover is offline   Reply With Quote