Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: What to do with servo when 4link the front

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default What to do with servo when 4link the front

just like the title. what do you do with the servo when you 4 link the front. i searched but couldn't find out how this works
spdyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Nothing. It should be fine.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
RCC Addict

You could mount it in the frame too, looks better.
Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

if i use a r2j 4 link bar ill have to cut the post off on the axle thats used for the servo mounts. can i use a hand brothers servo mount and the r2j 4 link mount together?
Old 09-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdyracer View Post
if i use a r2j 4 link bar ill have to cut the post off on the axle thats used for the servo mounts. can i use a hand brothers servo mount and the r2j 4 link mount together?
You could use the mount. If you don't want to spend the $$$ on the CMS bracket, there are a few threads on here that mount the servo on the frame for next to nothing.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

just want to make sure im following you right. i can use the r2j 4 link with the hand brothers kit? or i can just find one of the other threads showing how to mount the servo to the frame. so if i 4 link the front i need to mount the servo to the frame. i know i probably sound a little stupid right now but im just trying to figure out how i need to do this. i have the links and the r2j mount on the way.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:04 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdyracer View Post
just want to make sure im following you right. i can use the r2j 4 link with the hand brothers kit? or i can just find one of the other threads showing how to mount the servo to the frame. so if i 4 link the front i need to mount the servo to the frame. i know i probably sound a little stupid right now but im just trying to figure out how i need to do this. i have the links and the r2j mount on the way.
Wait, I'm sorry. I just looked around and you can't buy JUST the Hand Bros frame mount (it's the axle bracket that's sold separately).

Yes you can use the 4-Link bracket, and use the poor-man's frame mount to get the servo up on the frame. You'll need a longer drag link as well (you'll find that info in the treads on how to do it).
Old 09-27-2010, 03:59 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
Wait, I'm sorry. I just looked around and you can't buy JUST the Hand Bros frame mount (it's the axle bracket that's sold separately).

Yes you can use the 4-Link bracket, and use the poor-man's frame mount to get the servo up on the frame. You'll need a longer drag link as well (you'll find that info in the treads on how to do it).

Thanks for all the help, I'll look it up and see what I need.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:23 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

I know this is a xtrail chassis but I have axial running gear (pretty much all round) and on the front four link I ran into issues with mounting the servo, I just used a couple of spare aluminum spacers and raised the std axial servo plate up above the level of the four link brace. The only drawback is that the servo plate is only screwed into the two front mounting points on the diff cherry but it seems sturdy enough, and allows for full compression / articulation of the four link.

stutheitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #10

Default 4 link on front servo arm hits cross member

Not trying to highjack your thread, but I had an issue with the 4 link up front on my Honcho as well. I tried to put the 4 link on the front and the axle is rolled forward so that the steering linkage on the servo hits the crossmember and almost all suspension travel is lost. I was thinking I needed shorter links? I just put the 3 link back on. Are there differences in the suspension geometry between the TR and the kits SCX-10s? other than the two wheelbase options?

RC
rcwannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:26 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Here you go. I just used an ol' axial servo plate. 4 linked front and rear. lil bump steer at the bottom of suspension flex but it's fine. I just made a longer drag link with some 6/32 all thread rod. I stole the idea from WarTrader.

Szczerba's Cherokee (Minus some doors)
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote