Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: honcho light system?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 03:47 PM   #1

Default honcho light system?

i've been looking around for the best way to put lights on my honcho. i've searched but cant seem to find what i'm looking for, maybe someone can point me in the right direction? all of the systems have the blinkers but i dont want blinkers i just want the marker lights lit up all the time. i was looking on rc4wd and i'm kinda leaning towards one of there scale kits and then adding more white leds for rock lights. overall i want to run 8-10 white leds, two orange leds (for marker lights), and 2 red leds (for tail lights). can anyone help me or show me there setups that are similar?
tzenev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I get my LED's from Radio Shack, but there are other sources. I run my lights off the Castle Creations B.E.C. set for 6 volts. Use the link below to calculate the right sized resistor.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I picked up a this set for my TTC Rig. It is just as easy to do them yourself but I did not have the time.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXYYP7&P=ML
biggin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:30 PM   #4
On the lookout for Rocks

I used 2 of these. I cut the reds off the second set and used the 4 whites for the bumper lights and rock lights up front.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

RC4WD makes a set, you can find them on eBay.
hanstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:17 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

I have the Axial NVS on my honcho,

Pretty well, and as for indicators, I just didn't bother installing them, still pleanty of channels for led's.

Technically if you were clever you could just plug in one of the 5led strings and extend the wires so all the leds were powered from one port.

Here's a pic of my honcho with the kit installed, I subsequently destroyed the roof bar but it was catching on everything anyway.

stutheitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:44 PM   #7

nice, thats a sweet looking honcho. i was thinkin of going with the chaotic crawlers leds. i was gonna do two systems, one for just the body and one for just the rock lights. so on one system there would be 4 white, 2 yellows for the marker lights, and 2 red for brakes. and then on the second system i would do 4 or 8 whites, i havent decided if i wanna do two lights per tire or just one. but the systems are waterproof and seem very bright.
tzenev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzenev View Post
nice, thats a sweet looking honcho. i was thinkin of going with the chaotic crawlers leds. i was gonna do two systems, one for just the body and one for just the rock lights. so on one system there would be 4 white, 2 yellows for the marker lights, and 2 red for brakes. and then on the second system i would do 4 or 8 whites, i havent decided if i wanna do two lights per tire or just one. but the systems are waterproof and seem very bright.
chaotic crawlers lights are the $hit! i have em on both my crawlers n couldent b happier!
yellowpasta2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:14 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stutheitguy View Post
I have the Axial NVS on my honcho,

Pretty well, and as for indicators, I just didn't bother installing them, still pleanty of channels for led's.

Technically if you were clever you could just plug in one of the 5led strings and extend the wires so all the leds were powered from one port.

Here's a pic of my honcho with the kit installed, I subsequently destroyed the roof bar but it was catching on everything anyway.

On your first pic, that isnt a stock honcho body right? do th estock honcho bodies have clear functional headlights like that, or are they just stickers and the light kit is on the bumper?
flascx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:32 AM   #10
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by flascx10 View Post
On your first pic, that isnt a stock honcho body right? do th estock honcho bodies have clear functional headlights like that, or are they just stickers and the light kit is on the bumper?
The stock honcho body comes with light buckets, you don't have to use the decals.

Last edited by team3six; 10-18-2010 at 08:45 PM.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:35 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

ah, ok. thanks team3six! can you control the lights from the remote on a complete stock system?

Last edited by flascx10; 10-18-2010 at 08:39 AM.
flascx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: honcho light system?

where can u get the lights on the body from
mark32 is offline   Reply With Quote