Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: put brushless in honco..now front driveshaft throws off everyime.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Exclamation put brushless in honco..now front driveshaft throws off everyime.

ok guys i put my traxxas vxl motor and esc in and that thing flys..well i thought i wouldnt have any problems but just as i said that i threw off my front drive shaft so i put it back on and damn if it didnt do it again..so now im haveing problems with it coming off everytime ...does any one got any ideas on some new drive shafts..do they make a steel drive shaft..please get back to me thanks guys...
Kentuckcrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentuckcrawlers View Post
ok guys i put my traxxas vxl motor and esc in and that thing flys..well i thought i wouldnt have any problems but just as i said that i threw off my front drive shaft so i put it back on and damn if it didnt do it again..so now im haveing problems with it coming off everytime ...does any one got any ideas on some new drive shafts..do they make a steel drive shaft..please get back to me thanks guys...

Yes they do, MIP's or G-Made.
But why did you thow a brushless on it if you dont understand that the plastic ones would fly off? Im suprised you didnt strip them. Please read the forums and learn about your truck and what others have done!
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:58 PM   #3
RCC Addict

That much horsepower is going to tear something up no matter what . You can beef up the driveshafts, but the problem will just move to the next weakest link (gearbox, diff gears, ect). I bet it was hellacious fun while it held together though. I had a Sidewinder 5700 in mine for awhile, and it hauled ass!
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:10 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Go MIP.
If you wanna make the stock ones work for a bit, then get quantity 2 of a 2x10mm m3 screw per end of the driveshaft. Douse them in threadlocker, blue or stronger, and crank em down hard.
Then resist the urge to rip on the throttle, and accelerate a little slower.
Both you and your Honcho will be much happier!

AND TRAILDAWG IS RIGHT! THE BL SYSTEM WILL REVEAL ALL YOUR WEAK POINTS!
J.DUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Sounds like you need to loosen up the slipper a bit as well.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:05 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Bluelocktite the motha! for now anyway..your going to break something else soon
gymjunkie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #7

My scx10 came used with a vxl system. I had problems with the torque too. I was running a 15t pinion with a 7.4 nimh. I busted both stock shafts and have since picked up a pro pack of traxxas shafts. Haven't broke one yet. So far I upgraded to a tekin rs with 17.5 turn bl on 3s! I needed drag brakes badly. Its a whole different machine with brakes and sensored low speed. Awesome performance after the timing is set right.
ryan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:48 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

well i didnt want to go threw the forum to read other peoples mistakes..im pretty good and trial and error..i took my rustler drive shafts and put them on my scx10 and havnt had any problem yet..and my gear box is a summit 2 speed and yes guys it will climb and haul ass like no other..so thanks guys for the advice and sarcasim...but im thinking about puttin my novak rooster and motor in it for the drag brake and stuff...
Kentuckcrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote