Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: looking to get new shocks for the honchoo????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Exclamation looking to get new shocks for the honchoo????

what is the best shock to get..i dont like the stock shocks and i see alot of people using traxxas shocks,,how do they work out..just let me know what ya using or what ya think..thanks guys
Kentuckcrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentuckcrawlers View Post
what is the best shock to get..i dont like the stock shocks and i see alot of people using traxxas shocks,,how do they work out..just let me know what ya using or what ya think..thanks guys
Hi Kentuckcrawlers, at the beginning I don't liked the stock plastic shocks, but after a good assembly they were very smooth...take out the bumpers , buy the optional axial scx aluminium body and change the rear springs with supersoft-soft configuration.(they are stock supersoft-medium), and they work even better. The OEM's shock comes with a good 3.5mm shaft.They are 90mm long eye to eye.
With the money left buy R2j Kustoms 4 link truss ,put some weight on tires and vent the wheels.
Hope it helps
evo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I'm running stock Losi Night Crawler shocks on mine, could not be happier with them Just a little longer than stock, aluminium bodes, and they work GREAT.
durango#95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:22 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Rc4wd superscale shocks 100mm would be my pick.. superdooper smooth and according to them

Note: This shock does not use shock oil. It has an internal spring. Please use a small amount of oil to keep the shaft lubricated and working properly.

too easy

gymjunkie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:41 AM   #5
RCC Addict

So far I like my Gmade transitions.
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:48 AM   #6
RCC Addict

I run the stock scx10 shocks on my Cherokee and they work great on that. No leaking and work real smooth. I do not feel the need to change them!

I have another rig that has an scx frame and tranny but Creeper axles. On that one I use rear Traxxas Slash shocks. I have them set up with internal springs and shortened Creeper springs on the outside. They work pretty good. But they are not as smooth as the stock scx shocks. The stock red springs they come with are useless unless you have a very heavy rig. I think they are a good choice if you want a higher ride height when using 2.2 wheels and tires on a Scx and are on a budget (they cost about $15 a pair). The front Slash shocks are very close to the length on the stock scx shocks. the rears are about 1/2 inch longer (shock body wise) and have a much longer shaft as well!

Stock shocks:

with rear slash shocks:

Last edited by Rook82; 10-02-2010 at 06:57 AM.
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote