Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you like my rig?
Badass 3 14.29%
Noiceee 15 71.43%
Crap 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: My Scx 10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up My Scx 10

Alright I'm very new at this, so new that i started my account about 3 hours ago. Atop of that I am working with my First rock crawler which I received for Christmas. I am a land rover junkie so a majority of this rock crawlers future will be resembling a land rover. In the past 2 days I have succesfully mounted an LR3 new bright body onto my rock crawler, which has been a dream of mine since last January when I found out that they made these pieces of art! I have not changed or altered any parts to this other then the body. It is completely stock. This thread is going to be the following of this rock crawlers travels, changes, and adventures. Let me know what you think. I'm fairly excited to get some feed back on this thing!!!

Here are some pics of its first true out door run. This is what im starting with the SCX 10 Trial Ready Dingo

Well anyways thanks for letting me start an hope anyone, if anyone, that checks this out enjoys
Colorofkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2011, 10:34 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Cool

This is the most recent photos I have taken earlier today. I have, as i stated in my first post, successfully mounted the lr3 body. There is a reason why I choose the lr3 body and i have painted it green as well. This is suppose to be a rebuil (scale model) of my first truck which was a land rover discovery series II though this isn't that spot on its about as close as I can get with the time and budget I have.

Let me know what ya think. I cant wait to get it out on an actual trial or something!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Congrats, the addiction is only starting lol.
slackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

And by the way The discovery's name was Shela, this is her rebuild, hears some comparison pictures so that all can see where I am coming from on the rebuilding of this.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

lol thank you very much. I was considered addicted the second I found out that they made a land rover one!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:10 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Looking real good, I actually dig the LRV 3 bodies.
arctichorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:20 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

nice looking truck, do you have working ligths up top?
revo au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:51 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

No lights up top yet. I havent tinkered with any of the lights yet. As of right now im enjoying the way it looks. In a few weeks I might put in the tail lights and head lights. through the land rover body, they are all in the bumpers right now.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Well in an attempt top put the tail lights into the land rover body, my led's burned out or something. Thy stopped working. Anbody know where I can get some cheap red led's?
Old 01-13-2011, 11:19 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

rpp hobby has them for like 10$ nice rig id take thos bumpers off tho
XxRockStar199xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:40 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Well...I figured out the wires, i soldered the whole mess of wires back to their original places. The back lights are back to the way they were but now installed in the rover tail lights! I will have pictures fairly soon of the tail lights. Im working on removing the back bumper. However the front one i am leaving on until i can get my hands on a better one, but for now it is rotecting the body and holding onto the front lights which i find to come in handy (not tinkering with those ones just yet). Asided form that Im pretty happy about the turn out on the tail lights!I think overall im really happy with this rig. Im gonna work on gettting some trail riding with it soon, but Im in Miami for one, and for 2 at a school in the middle of the city... not much to do here. but they will come sooner rather then later. Let me know about the lights!
Old 01-13-2011, 11:49 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Talking

Alright here are some pictures of the lights! let me know what you think!

Old 01-13-2011, 11:51 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Here is one other addition I forgot I had added the past few days, The roof rack I roped it with black shoe lace, tryed to give it a cargo net kinda thing apperance, personally I think it looks pretty good. Love to hear some thoughts!

Old 01-14-2011, 03:59 AM   #14

I like the build so far. I'm digging the laces on top of the rack. Well done.
E30Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:36 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

The rope along the top looks good I think if you would do some scale stuff being held by the rope it would look a lot better.
th67ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Thank you very much! Im gonna start workin on that soon, i have a matchbox defender that imma stick up there to make it look like an rc truck in my roof rack, along with maybe a finger bike. I wann get some jerry cans and stuff to, gonna get creative so Ill se where it takes me.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

looks fricking sweet man, i think you should take the rear bumper off. It just doesnt go with the body. I mean the body sits so high and the bumper is so low, its a no go
crawling-wallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

I actuallytook the bumper of this morning! I was trying to take the back one off thats why i worked on moving the ligths. Ill get some pics up of the truck with out the bumper either later today or tomorrow, I got season 1 2 and 3 of dexter that has my name on it so I gotta gotake care of it. If there are any other Ideas anyone has for me please feel free to throuw um out here!
Old 01-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Ok so like I said I scraped the bumper, heres some pics.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Nice rig!!
RCTRUX is offline   Reply With Quote