Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: T-Rex 60s on a honcho?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default T-Rex 60s on a honcho?

Has anyone run the T-Rex 60s on their Honcho? I'm looking at buying a set but I'm not sure if they will work without major mods.? Any input?
M109R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #2

i have some t-rex 60s which i am using to build a custom 6x6 from and also have a honcho, the only issue i can think of would be the need for a 3 link kit on the t-rex 60s.

can wait for pictures of your build and if they will work hassle free.
Lurch_Crawler_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

not a honcho but im puttin them under my scx10 blazer.

the 4link needs to be redone (get the mount that bridges the two clamps) i made mine cause its a simple design.you also need to moved the servo up on the frame, (unless you have the axle mount)which is easy and free other than that its fairly stright forward.

i did a 3link with a panhard bar up front and 4linked the rear
oscodawave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I plan on buying the Hand Brothers kit to mount the servo to the chassis. Main thing I wasnt sure about are the Link Mounts. Any pics. of your setup? I really like the looks of these axles ALOT but I hate to bite the bullet and then kick myself in the ass lol.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by M109R View Post
Has anyone run the T-Rex 60s on their Honcho? I'm looking at buying a set but I'm not sure if they will work without major mods.? Any input?

I bought the T-rex 60's ARB axles after i had already purchased the Hand Bros CMS, it does take a bit of thinking and a lot of trial and error. I had also originally put ax10 shocks on but due to binding with the CMS had to remove them.
So all that being said, here is my thread and pics of my setup.
Another new guys rig.....
lowpro35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Looks great man! Did you ever try the 3 Link front kit you showed you purchased? I'm not really mechanical so the easier the better lol.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:02 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

These axles do look great and do fit under the scx honcho. A three or four link upper mount ($$$). Prepare to mess with the links to get the proper pinion angle. Thes axles do look good but they are toys and are unreliable. They eat ring and pinions. They will not help you get them replaced. $$$. Maintenance cost vs. looks. I have pics posted on WARCR.org, Rc4wd forum and NorthwestScaleRC.com. Take a look at my scx10 kit with trex60 arb axles.Itsa Cherokee.

Last edited by Frankie G; 01-19-2011 at 07:27 AM. Reason: update info.
Frankie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:16 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie G View Post
These axles do look great and do fit under the scx honcho. A three or four link upper mount ($$$). Prepare to mess with the links to get the proper pinion angle. Thes axles do look good but they are toys and are unreliable. They eat ring and pinions. They will not help you get them replaced. $$$. Maintenance cost vs. looks. I have pics posted on WARCR.org, Rc4wd forum and NorthwestScaleRC.com. Take a look at my scx10 kit with trex60 arb axles.Itsa Cherokee.
excuse my ignorance, but i had a hard time making sense of your entire post.

this is what i gathered, please correct me if im wrong.

A three or four link mount is a lot of money.

Once you got the 3/4 link mount you had a hard time getting the correct pinion angle.

They are rough on ring and pinions(does this include the upgraded ones?)

Who will not help?

Last but not least i cruised around on some of the forums you listed to find pics of your specific setup/damage and couldn't find them, would it be possible for you to PM me the links?

Thanks and sorry again for misunderstanding your post and all the questions.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpro35 View Post
excuse my ignorance, but i had a hard time making sense of your entire post.

this is what i gathered, please correct me if im wrong.

A three or four link mount is a lot of money.

Once you got the 3/4 link mount you had a hard time getting the correct pinion angle.

They are rough on ring and pinions(does this include the upgraded ones?)

Who will not help?

Last but not least i cruised around on some of the forums you listed to find pics of your specific setup/damage and couldn't find them, would it be possible for you to PM me the links?

Thanks and sorry again for misunderstanding your post and all the questions.
( $$$ ) = To some people a three link may be alot . At 20 dollars an axle. They dont come with the axles.

(Mess with the links) = Once you get the mounts you have to adjust the lengths of all links, ok. They dont bolt right up. Not difficult.

The ring and pinions have a short lifespan. They dont work very long. As in a matter of hours. In my case.

The Manufacturer. Thats who.

Last edited by Frankie G; 01-19-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Frankie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie G View Post
( $$$ ) = To some people a three link may be alot . At 20 dollars an axle. They dont come with the axles.

(Mess with the links) = Once you get the mounts you have to adjust the lengths of all links, ok. They dont bolt right up. Not difficult.

The ring and pinions have a short lifespan. They dont work very long. As in a matter of hours. In my case.

The Manufacturer. Thats who.
Thank you for your time and input.