Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: waterproofing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 12:22 PM   #1

Arrow waterproofing

I got a TR scx10 honcho for my birthday! I ran it a few times very impressed. GREAT RIG. It out did the custom crawler king. Put old pair of cralwer king shocks on without springs. They wok great. Also put in traxxas 4 channel 2.4 ghz radio system. But now the truck is sitting on the work bench. I greases the gears without thinking. If i try to run it gravel will get caught in the gears on chew them uo so im not going to run it until I get a scx10 gear cover. I got bored with it so Im going to waterproof will i wait. Except for one prob. I dont know how to waterproof it. I was wondering if some people could tell me best way to waterproof it. Could you also please include pictures because im a visual person. I will try and upload some pictures of the truck once i figure out how to upload them lol.

Thanks in advance to someone that can help me.
CrawleR ModdeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Here ya go How to Waterproof your SCX10
Blaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Wal-Mart. Liquid Tape in the Jar. Works awesome! Put 2-3 coats on and I've drowned it in water! Been running good ever since!
XcrawlerkidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

you greased the gear? which gears are getting rock in them? the spur and pinion gears are the only gears that are open and i have never greased those or heard of anyone greasing those. the gears in the axles and INSIDE the tranny yes but not the spur and pinion. clean the grease off of those two and run the thing...lol
toka100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #5

thanks every one so far and im thinking about using liquid tape but im also thinking about maybe using a lock and lock container if i can find the right size. Im also going to get the grease off of the gears that i put grease on.

Keep the good ideas coming.
CrawleR ModdeR is offline   Reply With Quote