Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Weekend Warrior project!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #101
Quarry Creeper

wow those do look good! much better than the flat irons..IMO the flat irons are to small for the jk body

awesome rig
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Here's a quick video of me crawling the couch cushion.

Last edited by JDeezie82; 03-04-2011 at 01:27 AM.
JDeezie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #103
Quarry Creeper

You actually got the MT's! Sweet! This thing is even more beast looking now! This is still the best looking JK on Axial SCX-10 Threads! Keep up the good work man!
VintageCopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #104
LR3
Rock Crawler

That looks awesome!!! Defiently an insperation to build an awesome JK for myself. I am stealing your interior and head/taillight designs
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:38 AM   #105
Pebble Pounder

Very clean and nice build!
V3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:35 AM   #106
Quarry Creeper

Default Claws first run!

Yesterday morning I woke up early in anticipation of going to one of my favorite crawling spots only to get the truck loaded up and then discover that they're not open on weekdays in March. So I sat around for a few minutes trying to decide where I wanted to try next. I thought I'd hit up a new spot that I'd seen on here that was only about an hour and a half away, but when I got about halfway there I decided against going that far and pulled off on the exit where I used to work and drove around there looking for good spots. So with no success and a pissy attitude I headed back home. Once home I heard of another spot that was only about 20 minutes from my house so I thought I'd give it a shot since there was some daylight left. Anyways, here are the pix I got.

On top of Mt. Currahee in Toccoa, GA.

The Claws did really well on the rocks. I still need to switch a few things up on this rig though.

Scenic view.

Going vertical. Thinking of adding more weight to the front or removing the small amount I have in the rear. The truck flipped backward once out there.

Snapped this pic while I was wheeling. The shocks do pretty well but seem a little soft. I'll probably order some replacement shocks soon.

Guess I made the most out of a bad day. Had fun on top of the mountain. Looking forward to getting back out this weekend and hitting up my favorite spot. Stay tuned kids!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #107
Quarry Creeper

looks good man! im debating between the claws and rok lox for my mj..i have the rok lox ordered at my lhs but still maybe thinking of doing the claws..idk haha
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:18 PM   #108
LR3
Rock Crawler

That thing looks awesome on the rocks. Here in about three days or so I should have the parts for mine in and I will get a build going on it. What color is yours cause I am tempted to use it on mine haha
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #109
RCC Addict

Thats 1 nice jeep,and the claws suit it so well.
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #110
Pebble Pounder

Hey I use couch cushions too. When you can't go outside they make for good testing grounds.
LostCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #111
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
first of all i wanna say nice rig,i'm not that impressed everything was bought and there was no creativity done at all other than the inside rollcage i'll give ya props on that. all the pics look like poser pics i dont see any dirt on none of the tires, do you really drive this thing? i built the same rig when i started and felt good about it same as you. but look at some of the builds on here where they make there own interior and bumpers.,thats skill. i hope as ur hobby grows learn to create your own add-ons instead of buying them. the reason im saying this is because any tom,dick or harry can have the exact same rig as you i mean look at mine its identical other than i had a roof rack. then i got tired of seeing so many people with the same jk. i'm not hating just it dont impress me when you buy everything to build a rig
see just like yours and ive had this almost a yr but now everything on it ive built myself and i feel much better about my rig...keep up the good work just be a little more original
oh yeah and let me add mine was in rc action dec.2010 readers ride but that dont mean anything i bought everything that the jk has on it...bu not now i'm a real builder and take pride in my work because no one has my jeep
First off, thanks for the enthusiasm. Obviously you didn't look at all the pix, or any of the videos for that matter. Yes I do drive this thing, and there are a couple things on it that I've created myself. I understand that mine might just be a "run of the mill" Jeep, but this is just the beginning of this build. I intend on adding more things to it, as well as fabbing up some custom items. I don't have the means for doing any type of metal work right now but plan on doing so in the future. Congrats on getting into RCCA, but if it doesn't mean anything then why post about it? I'm gonna send pix of my Jeep into them as well as RC Driver once I get some more pix of it. I'm glad you're happy about your build skills and all, but let's remember, I'm not building this to impress anyone, I'm building it for me and just felt like sharing. I'd enjoy getting together and learning some "real" building skills. Thanks for your 2 cents.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #112
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeezie82 View Post
Thanks for your 2 cents.
yup thats about all he gave you.

I like it. Nice rig. Who cares what others think. We build for us, not to conform to what others think. Build like it's yours and use what ever means you need to do that.
tootallcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #113
Rock Stacker

wow ppl are just down right rude on the web. your truck is crap... its fake...blah blah blah

dude you jeep is nasty end of story i have a custom built chassis with a rubicon body on it. then i have a scx10 with baja claws, front and rear rc4wd bumpers and shocks too. ill post pictures for you soon and yup I BOUGHT IT AND BUILT SOME BUT ITS MINE SUCKA!!!!!
axialnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #114
RCC Addict

ok jdeezie let me apoligize maybe i shouldnt have said some things i did. i never said your jeep wasnt nice that was the first thing i said actually. i do like it. and i believe it will be selected to be in rcca. and i guess i didnt thinkof the fact not everyone has access to a welder or knows how to braze. i was just in a bad mood i apoligize. and i did see all the pics the side view mirror was a good idea and nice work,i gave u props on the cage,i really guess i shouldnt have posted my 2cents youre right you do it how you want its your rig and if it makes you happy and the other viewers then thats all that matters. i cant stand people that get on here and act like a dick and i guess thats what i just did so again my bad...on a side note a roof rack and light bar would really set it off with some accsessories in it i guess these dickhead guys on here have rubbed off on me keep up the good work and i thinks its nice as can be good job kid
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:51 AM   #115
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
ok jdeezie let me apoligize maybe i shouldnt have said some things i did. i never said your jeep wasnt nice that was the first thing i said actually. i do like it. and i believe it will be selected to be in rcca. and i guess i didnt thinkof the fact not everyone has access to a welder or knows how to braze. i was just in a bad mood i apoligize. and i did see all the pics the side view mirror was a good idea and nice work,i gave u props on the cage,i really guess i shouldnt have posted my 2cents youre right you do it how you want its your rig and if it makes you happy and the other viewers then thats all that matters. i cant stand people that get on here and act like a dick and i guess thats what i just did so again my bad...on a side note a roof rack and light bar would really set it off with some accsessories in it i guess these dickhead guys on here have rubbed off on me keep up the good work and i thinks its nice as can be good job kid
It's cool. We all have our moments. I've seen lots of "wtf" stuff on here before that has made me want to throw in my 2 cents, but I remind myself that we all do what we're capable of at the time. I'd love to be able to do some metal fab but it gets a little difficult when you're renting a place, especially one with no garage. I have been contemplating on how I can go about doing some brazing for a while now, just haven't followed through yet. So don't worry about it. I sure didn't lose any sleep over it.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #116
Quarry Creeper

Default A few minor updates.

Meant to do these before I initially put the interior in but I got excited and rushed things.

Got the cooler strapped down. The lid kept popping off on my last outing.

Also made some seat belts and repositioned the driver.

I'm running the stock shocks again for now to see how they'll do with the Claws. Probably gonna end up ordering some 100mm shocks from RC4WD, but I'm still debating on which ones.

All buckled in and looking sad for some reason in this pic.

That's all for now kids. I'm planning on getting out this weekend to get some more action shots. Stay tuned!
Old 03-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #117
RCC Addict

hey man i just ordered the 90mm g-made transitions and they are amazing and look scale as hell they work very well sprung or droop..i would cut dudes nuts off he looks a little big in there or maybe just a tall a$$ dude
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:57 PM   #118
Quarry Creeper

Default New favorite crawl spot FOUND!!

So I went out today to a local spot about an hour away that I'd seen mentioned on here and this place totally kicks ass! It's Sawnee Mountain in Cumming, GA and there's a ton of stuff to do. It has some really cool trail areas, lots of rocks, and some really great views. I had to hike a little over a mile to get to the top, but it wasn't too bad. Well worth the effort. I got mostly video, which I'm throwing together now, but here are the pix I got from today. My girlfriend took the high end camera with her on vacation so I to use the ole 7.1. Still got some really good pix though. Check it.

Lots and lots and lots of rocks.

Some cool views overlooking some of the town.

There was a good variety of terrain. There was a good bit of loose pebble area, as well as some rocks with a good bit of bite. The Bajas did really well.

Thought this pic turned out cool. All but the very first of these pix are of the Jeep being driven to the spots where the pix were taken. Just wanted to clear that up for those of you who can't see the dirt on the tires.

I had a great time at this new place and IMO I think it is comp worthy, although I'm not all that familiar with comps. I really think I've found my new favorite spot to wheel. I should have the video mashed up soon. Stay tuned kids!
Old 03-17-2011, 11:58 PM   #119
Quarry Creeper

hey man you have one clean JK! love how clean it looks! cant say the same about my Honcho... I think this might interest you and maybe some ppl on here. I noticed that you got the dingo bumper still and man does it look awesome I wish I could cough up some $$$ for those shackles and winch. Anyway here goes if you got some of those Axial Cylindrical Foglight LED housings you can bore out your current hole that holds in the LEDs (8mm) and the foglight housing will actually slide right in and with some help from CA glue you'll have the finishing touches on that bumper.

JS412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:47 AM   #120
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS412 View Post
hey man you have one clean JK! love how clean it looks! cant say the same about my Honcho... I think this might interest you and maybe some ppl on here. I noticed that you got the dingo bumper still and man does it look awesome I wish I could cough up some $$$ for those shackles and winch. Anyway here goes if you got some of those Axial Cylindrical Foglight LED housings you can bore out your current hole that holds in the LEDs (8mm) and the foglight housing will actually slide right in and with some help from CA glue you'll have the finishing touches on that bumper.

Thanks. I've actually thought about doing that. That's the only thing I don't really care for about the bumper. I may end up just changing the bumpers out anyway. Really cool idea though.