Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: NFMH First Scale Venture

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 02:00 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

Thanks buddy! I appreciate that
Nitrofreakmanho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2011, 12:16 AM   #22
Rock Stacker

Well, here's an update on my rig:

First up is the winch and front bumper..both needed work to be mounted since the bumper wasn't SCX10 specific, and wasn't designed to have a winch mounted on it:

And the steel rock sliders which I raised much higher than the plastic stockers..BIG improvement here, and the Irok tires:

And some action shots, here you can also see the front fender flares that I installed last night, I will be doing the rear as well if I can make it work:

I'm really liking this truck, it's a lot of fun and durable as eff! I haven't broken a single part yet.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:59 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

x2 on the accessories. They look awesome! Truck is looking great. Keep it up. Subscribed.
steele42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:22 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Red face

Fantastic, we both seem to be from the same Nitro background, and going down the honcho route.
Your doing a great job on it, I am going to pinch your little detail of the extra inner indicator on the headlights I like that! As I was thinking ok if I put 4 white LEDs in my headlights dipped/main beam then were would it indicate but that little addition solves that Yeh!
I think by the weekend all my bits will arrive. I've got all the proline accessories coming. How strong do you consider the roof rack and lights to be? Are they broken on your first roll or bullet proof?
I really like your chassis layout, body colour and decals, all the lighting looks sweet, only thing IMHO is the fender extensions are slight overkill.
How's the winch? I've got mine fitted and tested but havnt used in action yet.

Anyway keep it up your doing a great no fantastic build thread!
northernerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:00 AM   #25

I totally agree on the aged look of your accessories.
beefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:52 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinie_21 View Post
i can't believe nobody commented on your painted scale accesories! they look amazing! much better than the plasticky look they come stock.
agreed! those look amazing!
iamsuperbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:56 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

Thank-you for the comments guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernerbill View Post
Fantastic, we both seem to be from the same Nitro background, and going down the honcho route.
Your doing a great job on it, I am going to pinch your little detail of the extra inner indicator on the headlights I like that! As I was thinking ok if I put 4 white LEDs in my headlights dipped/main beam then were would it indicate but that little addition solves that Yeh!
I think by the weekend all my bits will arrive. I've got all the proline accessories coming. How strong do you consider the roof rack and lights to be? Are they broken on your first roll or bullet proof?
I really like your chassis layout, body colour and decals, all the lighting looks sweet, only thing IMHO is the fender extensions are slight overkill.
How's the winch? I've got mine fitted and tested but havnt used in action yet.

Anyway keep it up your doing a great no fantastic build thread!
Pinch away my friend I really don't know which direction I'm going with this truck, but I'm liking the journey The Proline roof rack has taken many tumbles, and after so many rolls, it does start to come apart on the odd pin, I may use some tire glue on it if it gets annoying enough, but overall, I'm pretty surprised how durable it is for being plastic.

I wasn't sure about the fender flares, but I always did like the old-school ( 80's to 90's ) Bushwacker fender flares on big 4X4, so I couldn't resist..also, my wife thought it looked better lol. I plan on doing some kind of panelling on the rear so that I can fit the rear flares too. Also contemplating 2.2 tires to complete the look.

As for the winch, I just recently mounted it up and haven't tested it 'in the field' but I did winch my truck across the table..I really dig it so far. I have to finish my snatch block and then it'll be that much better.

Thanks for looking and for the comments and opinions guys.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:50 AM   #28
Rock Stacker

that rig is drool worthy my friend great job
BORG is offline   Reply With Quote