Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: independent front suspension and front diff build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 05:57 PM   #1

Unhappy independent front suspension and front diff build

hey there i was wanting to build a independent front suspesion for my scx10 since i was getting a new bright ford f150 body i decided to redo my truck from front to back and im gonna build the ultimate scaler looking truck like mine or kinda do a pre runner run off of a ford .Im even gonna use leaf spring in the back,so my 2 question going out are has anybody seen a independent front suspesion on a scx10 and i wanna make it 4x4 so i need a diff from like slash or 1/16th revo or something small but need to be the same gear ratio as a axial diff im having a real hard time matching the gear ratio to another brand . any ideas out there
canadian scx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I did a really custom one. It has Slash, Summit and Axial parts. I got the gearing close by using a modified rear gear for the Axial. This gave me a little more speed up front than the rear, which is what i wanted. The thread below details my trials and tribulations. Keep in mind this was highly custom. For a less custom approach go with a 1:16 Slash or simialr front. This rig is on hold for the moment while I finish my two Jeeps and XR10.

Wes

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53437
brazwewn is offline   Reply With Quote