Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Tamiya Unimog 406/Scx-10TR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Question Tamiya Unimog 406/Scx-10TR

Getting ready to order, among other things, a Unimog body Been wanting one a while. I've searched around and can't find much info about mounting the body up. The truck is basically stock, nothing major whatsoever. What will I need to change to get the body to fit? I'm not crazy about doing it, but I'll probably want to use body clips, which means drilling through the body...

Anyways, I know there's some fellow 'Moggers out there! Please do help!
umop apisdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Most are mounting just the cab, as the wheel base stock is very short. No matter how you mount it, pins, screws, etc, its a little tricky. Plus if you cut off bed you will nedd a new bed that will require fabbing up also. Depending on how low you want bed, you will also have to deal w relocating or remounting rear shocks.

Do a search, theres a few good builds using these cabs.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Yeah I've seen a few of the builds...most as you said are just using the cab. I was hoping that was just by preference... So the body is too short or the truck is too short?
Old 02-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I mounted the rear shock towers i took off the rear and put them on the front section right aftor the front chassis arch like so. i took some body posts and bolted them to the holes in the towers

Here is the link to my 404/406 Hybrid build i did using the cab off the tamyia. It should answer all your questions on how i did my mog. if not just ask and ill try to help you out
gottorque's 404/406 mog build
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:26 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the info guys, I was hoping this would be something simple to get the body to fit like adding bigger body posts or something, oh well. Glad I didn't order it lol, had the order screen up all day trying to figure out if it would fit.

Already ordered wheels I thought would go with it well, I'll just have to find something else that they'll match.

Will anything else Tamiya work on the scx without major mods?
Old 02-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #6

I just put a unimog body on my scx-10,you will have to make the WB 10 1/2 and cut some off the back of the frame.
scalenut is offline   Reply With Quote