Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Loose knuckles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Loose knuckles

okay so been learing all I can about these trucks and gettign to know my "new to Me" honcho. I noticed I have one aluminum knuckle an done plastic knuckle, the plastic knuckle seems to have play in the Lower "ball joint" or "king-Pin"

I have noticed the knuckle kits do not come with hardware, any advise on upgrades for the bushings and screws when I upgrade the C's and knuckles.
NickGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
riz
Quarry Creeper

I'm assuming you bought it used since it has two different knuckles??? That's odd. Buy new aluminum knuckles and use the existing screws and such.

RIZ
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

yep, I bought it used. I have just thought I read about different bushings and set screws and plastic washers that were not as bad at backing out. thanks for the advise.
NickGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
RCC Addict

One tip for threading screws into plastic. If there has been a screw installed previously (threads have already been made when putting in the screw the first time). When putting the screws back in, turn them slowly backwards rotation first. You will feel the screw drop into the threads at one point. That is when you have the threads aligned. If you just install the screw it may not lign up and cut a second set of threads. And the more often you do this the more where the screw threads in will wear and loosen up. The screws will eventually strip and not tighten anymore. they will keep spinning when seated fully as there is not good enough threads to hold the screw. This goes for putting screws into any plastic. I learned this a while back and doing this has made screws stay tight and the pieces last much longer.
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote