Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Bulldog winch on my honcho???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 07:36 AM   #1

Thumbs down Bulldog winch on my honcho???

I put a bulldog winch on my honcho and slso have a 4 channel radio, when i plug up my battery the winch starts to unwing when i flipped the switch it kept unwinding, then i flipped to the third position on the switch then it started winding back up! The only way i can get it to stop is un plug it, any suggestions? I contacted rc4wd and all they could say was that they dont come with instructions . Witch kinda tikked me off after ive spent hundreds of dollars with them!!!
Rocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2011, 07:46 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocked View Post
I put a bulldog winch on my honcho and slso have a 4 channel radio, when i plug up my battery the winch starts to unwing when i flipped the switch it kept unwinding, then i flipped to the third position on the switch then it started winding back up! The only way i can get it to stop is un plug it, any suggestions? I contacted rc4wd and all they could say was that they dont come with instructions . Witch kinda tikked me off after ive spent hundreds of dollars with them!!!
I had the same problem. I set the trim adjustments on the raido to nuetral. I then played with the trim on the winch controler. When I had it where I wanted it, I super glued it. I then added and external bec. There is a vender on here that sells a winch controller. Try a search.
V3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:57 AM   #3

I tried my buddies 3racing winch and it worked great!
Ill try the trim on the winch controler see if that helps
Rocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:35 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Iam not a fan of the Bull Dog winches. I had two different ones on my rig and had gear box troubles with both.( But must say that RC4WD took care of the problem on both units). Iam now running a 3R which I have abused since I installed it with no problems, the Bull Dog is IMO a little more powerful.
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote