Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: SCX10 4-link question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 01:27 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammindriver View Post
Very nice. I like what you've done. How does the velcro hold up? Does the body every pop off?
it would have to roll down a hill hit a tree and catch a stick on the way down before it would pop off. that being said the body would fall off if it took a hard hit but it would have to be a very hard hit. the velcro works flawlessly sometimes you gotta adjust the body to fit perfectly center but thats okay and takes 2 seconds.

you can use the 4 link truss that comes with the TR version, use the long links for the lowers and the short links for the uppers.

the kit doesnt come with the 4 link truss you have to buy it seperately, 1 for the back and 1 for the front. now that being said, the kit doesnt come with upper links to make the 4 link, so you will need to get upper links to 4 link the kit

you can buy the ax10 bent link kit, but that is also for a 3link setup, so you would need to purchase 2 bent link kits to 4 link the truck remembering that it doesn''t come with the 4 link plate or truss, still need to buy those seperately
Spiike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2011, 08:44 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiike View Post

the kit doesnt come with the 4 link truss you have to buy it seperately, 1 for the back and 1 for the front. now that being said, the kit doesnt come with upper links to make the 4 link, so you will need to get upper links to 4 link the kit
I ordered the additional axial bars when I ordered the kit so I could 4-link it. I wasnt sure if I could use the truss on the front or if I had to do it some other way - thanks for clearing that one up! I'll get the extra truss on order for the front. I saw the need as outlined by Black Venom for longer links for the NB JK body, so I ordered those as well. I can't wait to start putting this puppy together. I guess I'll have to start a new thread to document that road trip...

I hope I can keep hitting you up for clues and suggestions since you've done the NB JK body already.
jammindriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:02 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

I maked my rear 3 link to a 4link.
It will cost you less then 2 dollar i guess.

Watch my build here.
Tim.V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:25 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HahnsB2 View Post
I'm using equal length links... It points the pinion up, but that's what I wanted

dosnt that put the driveshaft into a bind when flexing? i tried it and didnt like how it pointed up. i run 106 lowers 98 uppers. the driveshafts are pointed right at the tranny. if building your own links for the axial 4 link truss i would always use 8mm shorter uppers then the lowers. it keeps that same angle.
toka100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:44 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.V View Post
I maked my rear 3 link to a 4link.
It will cost you less then 2 dollar i guess.

Watch my build here.
nice! very easy, will have to try that for my rear
Spiike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:50 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

I made my own mix of traxxas links....I will see if I can get some pics of my old truck.
new2this is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4 link, links, scx10