Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: TTC-ish Scale-ish Budget-ish Wroncho-ish Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default TTC-ish Scale-ish Budget-ish Wroncho-ish Build

Scx10 dingo roller
vxl esc with hk3674 2800kv motor (anybody have ideas as far as gearing?)
summit trans with dinky rc mount
revo axles
2.2 tsl's with proline 8shooters
cheap exi and towardpro servos for steering and shift
stock axial axles for now (until rpp gets the wraiths in stock)

Not shown in pic is some 1/4" stainless to sleeve some 8-32 allthread and revo rod ends for new links. Also stock plastic 4link truss for rear and ax10 servo/4link plate for front for now.

The ttc trucks are awesome just wish I had the funds and skills for cage work. It'll be a sorta slow build as I have time on the weekends, this is how it sits for now. Thanks for lookin

Last edited by Meatwad; 09-08-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
Jus
I wanna be Dave

That's a mean looking Jeep with those tires.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #3

Yeah, those tires look sick. I loved the lugged sidewalls.
ohdeeuhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
Thanks! Yeah it does look the part and I'm not looking forward to doing the comp cut, the fenders have kinda grown on me. Also wish the previous owner hadn't drilled for the post holes as I've got a bunch of neodymium mags for holding the body on
Old 06-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
What he said.
bluechevytuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:14 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Thanks guys.

Small update, made lower links and front upper links. Installed dinky cradle and tranny. Pardon crappy phone pic...

Upon checking some binding in the rear axle, found some rusted and dead bearings. Tried heating up the ring gear to get a bearing off and ovaled it(?). So off to the lhs tomorrow for underdrive r&p tomorrow
Old 06-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Did the UD rear, finished up dshafts and mounted shift servo. Only destroyed one dshaft trying to get the right length too

Not sure about the long can motor at this point and not totally happy with shift servo. Still a work in progress. Again pardon the crap pics...

Old 06-25-2011, 08:14 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Dang thats a big motor

Justin
WILDMAN442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDMAN442 View Post
Dang thats a big motor

Justin
That's what she said. Yeah its gonna contact the rear crossbrace now that I've got a 54t spur. Still undecided
Old 06-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Well it rolls by rc now, almost done. Still alot of tidying up to do and some rearranging. Not too much cogging from this setup in 1st, although no drag break will get frustrating. It'll pull a wheelie with enough traction, I'm thinking the horrible weight bias as of now is helping it hehe. Thanks for checkin it out.

Pack on the slider sucks btw.

And of course a mandatory poser shot

Old 06-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

lookin awesome there guy. other than that poser shot. i like the tooth to gum ratio. the jeep body is awesome too, you dont look like an average joe(beezy). Im workin on gettin an scx too, once i get there we'll head out to the creek and tear some earth up. im really excited to get out there
inkdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

im thinking of using my old slash shocks for the scx setup. you think they'll work? video looks good too. hows the shifting from 1st to 2nd? i wanna slap a summit tranny in my setup too, i was almost gonna pull my tranny out of my revo and get it into my project, other than not being able to shift on the fly like you too. i get that tranny in there, ive got nothing to worry about with the RR gears

Last edited by inkdaddy66; 06-26-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

That nice jk but it need a longer wheelbase.thats my .02 cents
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

how would he lengthen the wheelbase? just make a different chassis? thats all i can think of

Mr. Meatweeed. i also seen a simple aluminum piece on a different thread for the front steering rack. im sure i can program and machine a simple similar piece at work and get it in there for you. lookin at the rack you have there, it looks a little bent, i remember how pliable the rack was on your ax10

Last edited by inkdaddy66; 06-26-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

im seeing more and more as i look at your posted pics. why did you mount the battery out where you did? was it cuz of the motor size,ESC, and tranny? we gotta fix that man. get it center mounted somehow, keep that CG low too. just gotta take a look at it and get the marbles in my noggin rollin around.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkdaddy66 View Post
im thinking of using my old slash shocks for the scx setup. you think they'll work? video looks good too. hows the shifting from 1st to 2nd? i wanna slap a summit tranny in my setup too, i was almost gonna pull my tranny out of my revo and get it into my project, other than not being able to shift on the fly like you too. i get that tranny in there, ive got nothing to worry about with the RR gears
Slash shocks should work but would be longer i believe. 1st to 2nd is pretty smooth after some linkage tinkering. Its still not the way i want it or close to bulletproof but its workin. I can slam it into 2nd at full throttle lol only on 2s wont hurt it.

Longer links and longer dshaft will lengthen wheelbase. 1beatjeep yeah I'm thinkin you're right, looks kinda off and you nailed it
Old 06-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

oh diab and cheers! longer links shouldnt be a prob at all. longer allthread is all you need right? on top of longer tooooooobing. its awesome that you can slam it into 2nd when you want to. its actually the same mod that im looking for. i really dont want to come to a complete stop to shift but if you have to you have to. its lookin good so far. keep workin on it and im sure youll get it exactly where you want it. its all trial and error, on top of personal preference and driving conditions
Old 06-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

The truck is looking good but I have 1 question. The transmission is in backwards from the way mine is and from the way I have seen all of them mounted. My motor faces the front. Did you do that for a reason and what did you have to do to make it work? I am trying to get all my electronics mounted and that may be an option for me to look at.
Moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:51 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparguy View Post
The truck is looking good but I have 1 question. The transmission is in backwards from the way mine is and from the way I have seen all of them mounted. My motor faces the front. Did you do that for a reason and what did you have to do to make it work? I am trying to get all my electronics mounted and that may be an option for me to look at.
You do realize he has the summit tranny in there,right?

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap
Old 06-26-2011, 08:58 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparguy View Post
Thanks and yeah my thinking was to mount the lipo up front eventually so motor facing rear. Well I was wondering if the tranny would be turning the right way and it just happened to. If it hadn't, I would've just switched the 2 outside wires of the motor to reverse rotation... sensorless so it doesn't matter much. For the dinky mount, it does matter which way the tranny fits into the cradle. Or rather the tranny onto the delrin piece into the cradle, because of the recess for the shifter linkage coil spring on the delrin plate. Hope that makes sense