Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: My Honcho Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #1

Default My Honcho Build

Last month, I bought my second Axial Honcho. The first was a kit, and I later sold for almost $600.00 stock. My second is straight out out of the box, so far, better then the first one I built.

Here is what I installed.

1. A lift Kit from ebay user: level3-rc
2. SCX10 TR Links Set - 12.3" (313mm) WB part #AX30550
3. Waterproofed/Dielectric electronics.
4. Lipos
5. 2.2 Axial 8 hole beadlocker AX8017
6 2.2 Pro - Line Replica Interco Super Swampers TSL SX
7. Pro - Line Roof Rack
8. Tough Armor Winch Bumper with Grill Guard #Z-S0160
9. Tough Armor Side Bars
#Z-S0159
10. Bulldog 9300XT Winch
#Z-E0021
Gmade Hardened Universal Shaft for Axial SCX10 Set (Not for Honcho :/) # V-J90025

Right now, I am stuck on #8 and 10, I need to know what I need to make this done right, also know how to make the stock wires longer without hacking it, and how to mount a winch. Anyone out there to help me?
TRDGUYSCX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2011, 02:45 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

my 3racing winch came with a JST 2 pin connector to wire the winch to the winch controller, i found them at my LHS and soldered a female to the male which made a 10" extension for under $4. from the pictures though it looks like its bullet connectors, so taking the winch to the LHS to find the right size bullet connectors and just buy enough females and males and enough wire and whatever size you want it to be

My 3 racing winch came with 4 screw holes underneath the winch and nuts and bolts, i mounted this directly to my honcho front bumper, the holes were pre marked as well! according to the picture of the bumper it looks like you just need to bolt it together, if the winch didnt come with the nuts and bolts, just buy those as well they are cheap like $2 per pack of nuts at your LHS
Spiike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #3

So I have a new Brushless motor set up in my Honcho. Novak Goat 3S Crawler Brushless System 21.5T. So far this is a great combo! I still have the stock pinion and gear on the transmission, good torque, great speed!
TRDGUYSCX10 is offline   Reply With Quote