Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: My Wrangler RubiconCho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default My Wrangler RubiconCho

Well here is a few quick pics of my Pro-Line Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with 2.2's . The body and chasis will definately be lowered a little bit but this was the first fitting of it. It def sits a little higher then I want but it still looks good to me. Anyways I have to move the shocks up another 1/4" so that will drop it a good amount, I just dont want to do to much body trimming on the new lid. Oh well, what ya gonna do. Cant wait to see how it crawls this weekend.

Mods:
MIP's AX10 Drive Shafts
CKRC High Steer Knuckles
Axial Hardened Hubs
CKRC Steering Link
Hitec High Torque Servo
HR 100mm Internal Spring Shocks (x4) with Silver Springs
STRC High Clearence Lower Links F+R
Home Made 4 Links F+R
2.2 Axial Rocksters (6oz. fronts, 3.5oz rears)
Pro-Line 2.2 Chisels w/ Memory Foam
Pro-Line UnderTray Frame liner
Robinson Racing Kevlar Spur 87t
Robinson Racing Steel Pinion 16t
Robinson Racing Hardened Solid OutDrive
Stock 27t Axial Motor
HH BR-XL TorqueMaster ESC w/ Castle Link (ESC Tuned w/Holmes Hold)
Spektrum 2.4 DX2.0 RX/TX
2s LiPo 5000mah 40c (x2)
2s LiPo 4000mah 30c (x6)
3s LiPo 2200mah 35c (x2)
Pro-Line Wrangler Rubicon unlimited Jeep Body
Pro-Line Scale Accessories

Last edited by AsILayDying; 09-01-2011 at 06:31 PM.
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Hole bunch of views and no one has anything to say.... not sure if thats good or bad.

Anyways I know the rig still needs some work and some finishing scale touches like bumper, winch roof rack and lights. But this will all come in time. Really want another rig to drive while one is down for repairs or upgrades. Wonder if the wifey will agree or understand that view point.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Looks great. Doesn't look like you could lower the body much with those tires without limiting the up travel some. Looks like it has plenty of flex so that may be possible. Is this the rig that was a Honcho last week? or did you get the extra one you were looking for? Get some nice pics outside, your camera or phone takes as good a pictures inside as mine does

Your taste in rigs is very much the same as mine Was just reworking my Unlimited tonight before reading this. It is a hard body but very similar. Same color and all. I had it previously setup with the rear links much longer then the fronts and am working on evening it out. Got the links done and part way through coming up with a new body mount idea. That is the tougher part.

Last edited by Rook82; 09-01-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Yes this was last weeks Honcho and yes my iPhone camera blows goats. Some days it works great but does not like taking pics of my R/C Rigs

While this vehicle was down I realized I needed another one so that I could take my time on the current mods or build. I get impatient not having the rig RTC . Yeah it appears we have similar taste in rigs or looks, I will see what kind of travel I get with it a little lower. The new shocks are also 100mm eye to eye, that may help get me more travel with it still being lower. Gonna require some tuning.... all well worth it.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

You're too hard to keep track of. Update one thread instead of making a new oneonce a week!

Oh and answer my dang questions about those links u made, i Pm'd u on URC!
federally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by federally View Post
You're too hard to keep track of. Update one thread instead of making a new oneonce a week!

Oh and answer my dang questions about those links u made, i Pm'd u on URC!
Yeah I know I need to put it all in one thread but then my 1 thread gets all sorts of messy. LOL
Ill go look on URC right now and answer your question......
Did you say you were buyng those same shocks I did HR Interior Spring shock. Let me know so I can discuss them with you....
Old 09-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I bought the same shocks, black bodied with blue caps! They will be here sometime next week, hopefully tuesday or wed but who knows.

I also bought some 2.2 rims, found a super cheap deal on some Proline 8 shooters on Ebay. Got all 4 rims for just under $20! So now I need to go the goofy looking big fat tire route and I can't decide between the chisels that you have, HB rovers or the Proline 2.2 swampers. How do you like the Chisels? Should I go 2.2 comp tires or try and get some scale style 2.2s lol.

Oh and again that truck is freakin great. It looks great on 2.2s while your Honcho looked wonky.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by federally View Post
Yeah I bought the same shocks, black bodied with blue caps! They will be here sometime next week, hopefully tuesday or wed but who knows.

I also bought some 2.2 rims, found a super cheap deal on some Proline 8 shooters on Ebay. Got all 4 rims for just under $20! So now I need to go the goofy looking big fat tire route and I can't decide between the chisels that you have, HB rovers or the Proline 2.2 swampers. How do you like the Chisels? Should I go 2.2 comp tires or try and get some scale style 2.2s lol.

Oh and again that truck is freakin great. It looks great on 2.2s while your Honcho looked wonky.

The Chisels are great, but the ProLine Tsl Sx's are as good. They are both about the same size. If you do not have either, I would go the Tsl Sx route as they are more scale looking. But if you have a deal on the Chisels they work great on all terrains imho. I used them in a local Top Truck last year and was one of only two who made a full run in the mud course with them. So they even work in mud. I have Chisels now but am looking to pick up some Sx's for my JK with seeing how much luck the guys I run with have with them.
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I actually love my Chisels, they seem to work really well on the terrain I crawl on. I actually got a great deal on the set of 2.2 Rocksters and 2.2 Chisels for 40 bucks so it was a great deal. Couldnt pass it up. Also got a new set of Rocksters and another set of Chisels so I have the True Full Spare.

@fed, those shocks are very interesting. They are either real stiff and wont articulate or they end up being super springy. Im switching out the installed rubber o-rings that hold the air pressure inside the shock housing. It takes some tuning and messin around with the three different springs they give you. Anyways, I love the look of the 2.2's on the truck. Just takes some messing around with different setups on suspension and mounting. But I love the look. Thanks for the replys.

@fed and rook, really wish you 2 were closer cause it really would be a great time crawling and picking your brains about setups and build ideas. Have a good holiday.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:05 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Well then I guess that decides it, I'll deffinitely be picking up the Tsl's. Thaanks for the answers!

AsILayDying Well I'm attempting to get a much softer setup then ithe stock shocks and springs. There is no sag in the suspension currently, also instead of the suspension articulating the whole truck just kind of leans. So super soft is hopefully gonna work for me. If I figure anything out with them I'll pass the info on.