Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: 2 door proline jeep on SCX 12.3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 05:18 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 2 door proline jeep on SCX 12.3

Ok so I have been on here for some months now and unfortunately I have still not managed to aquire an SCX10....
I do however now have a Proline 2 door Jeep Wrangler after seeing one at my LHS and getting it for a really good price. So I am on my way, just doing it in reverse
I also prefer the look of the 2 door to the 4 door hence I jumped at it!
I now have a few questions regarding wheelbases and this body and am posting it here instead of the Body section as it is related to this chassis type!
I have PM'd a couple of guys on here but would like to open it up to all for input.....

I would like to get an SCX Honcho kit which is a 12,3 wheelbase and from what I have noted thus far this body is actually suited to the shorter Dingo wheelbase. When I eventually gather enough funds to purchase the kit I would also like to get the 4 link parts for the rear at the same time and if I am to use a shorter wheelbase I would need to know and decide prior to placing my order.
When looking at the specs of the 2 and 4 door bodies on Prolines' site it states that the 4 door is only 17mm longer than the 2 door, which to me is not really that great but would it be enough to effect the look and fit of the 2 door on the 12.3 wheelbase?
Should I just purchase the links to make it a short wheelbase and be done with it? Not keen on this option as it will cost quite a bit more!
I am not into modifying parts and prefer to use original parts/upgrades.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2011, 06:09 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

As you seem to already know the 2 Door body on the 12.3 wheelbase will not work. Are you looking at the Ready To Run or are you looking to buy the Kit version and build it yourself?

You have a few options and, it just depends on your fabrication skill's. You can make new links (theres a ton of threads about making your own links if you do a search) or if Axial makes the Aluminum Link upgrade kit for the Dingo you could just bolt those right in for your desired wheelbase. But if your buying the RTR version just get the Dingo, paint the Jeep body and bam......your ready to go.

One last thing......my friend started out with a RTR Honcho and Axial included a 4 link truss for front and back. So I say just go with the Dingo, you get your 4 link and the correct wheelbase for the body you already have.

Just my .02 cents
IceBox84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

It will work. Check out jray's Jeep. I painted the body. It just takes a little creative cutting.
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:05 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thanks dude!

I had a look and it looks great!
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr lee View Post
Thanks dude!

I had a look and it looks great!
Thanks. I thought it turned out good.
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:22 PM   #6
RCC Addict

the cherokee is also a "dingo" wheelbase. but i run it on a honcho wheelbase and imo it looks better that way.. just have to do some wheelwell trimming

dingo wheelbase

IMAG0458 by heinie_21, on Flickr
honcho wheelbase

IMAG0612 by heinie_21, on Flickr
here it is on another honcho chassis with bigger tires to help show wheelwell modifications

IMAG0547 by heinie_21, on Flickr

Last edited by heinie_21; 10-27-2011 at 11:25 PM.
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote