Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Mining/Tow rig build...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Talking Mining/Tow rig build...

Ok so I have this nib Honcho I bought for my daughter but shes is into a faster rig so I was either gonna sell or build. I been itching to do a build of my rig I drive at work which is a 1938 cabover ford. I dont have a pic but will get some, not cool about cameras up at the gold mine, lol. So this is pretty dang exact, just not nearly as nice. This is gonna be a slow build since most be by hand. This bed will be like this one but without the covered wheels. The one at work has a rancho suspension to navigate the roads. I will try to get pics of it enought chatting...

Heres what i got so far

I have a metal worker friend and hes making me the cab which is 1/2 way done. Getting a 2 and 4 door to see which I want

This will be a neat trail rig which will haul my mrc and pull my camper ...Stay tuned for snail work....
rockeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
RCC Addict

that's gonna be one sweet rig man! sub'd!!
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks its gonna be slow since I have to wait for the cabs to be built. Cant build bed till they are done so i know if it will be a 4 or two door.

Things i know as of now is it will so far

be 6x6. 3 axial axles for now

already have a chassis in the works at the shop, gonna be similiar to scx10 but longer
bed will tilt and move like a tow bed does
using a 6 ch stick radio
leaf suspension and springs
I wanna be period correct for most part.

We will see. Builds chagne often during them

Finding a camper from 38' is hard enough let alone that fits a rig likt this one. So Im not 100% on one but Id like one

I have a list but its at the shop.

It will be a bit higher then the one in pic but same cab.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
Scale Detail Engineering

very nice

you gotta pics of the body in progress!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Yep I am documenting and taking pics of everything so I know this build in and out. Be a cpl days for them pics. Camera is at the shop and thats a mile down the mtn and its dark, Im wee bit drunk and last time I walked that I ended up ....nvm...... But np i like showing folks stuff like this.

I am hoping to build a camper same materail but finding one that goes with this rig isnt easy, been looking.

I also been reading for a month now on alot of the 6x6 and 8x8 builds here so I can learn more since this is more scale then a cpl other 6x6 I have had.

I was sent this link awhile back and seriously rethinking the axial axles for them, atleast for the center one? Seems easy but idk. I know there would be alot of work to get them in but they are close to scale for that era, what ya all think?

Scale Designs International

Ok also I have a question. Im gonna make a tow like bed that tilts and moves. i wanna use a airtronics 94780m servo cuz I have like 6 nib. Do i need a bec? I run a 7.2 lipo in alot my rigs and it says @6 v its 423 oz torque. I want that for sure but Im a use the stock ae-2 esc for this I think. If I do can i run with out a bec or..... thanks

Last edited by rockeater; 11-09-2011 at 09:42 PM.