Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: axials new honcho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 04:59 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default axials new honcho

AXIAL SCX10™ TRAIL HONCHO™ - PT# AX90022 - 1/10th SCALE ELECTRIC 4WD - RTR
Look at this bad boy. It looks like they got new wheels and the axial ripsaws are allsome.
rc crawler boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2011, 05:17 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Thats very cool, glad to see Axial is listening to kindof whats going on with this rig. The 4 linked rear, the wild boar driveshafts, and other little odds and ends.... still wish the wheels were BeadLocks. Oh well.
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:06 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Dam you guys are quick!

I was on their site earlier and never noticed it!

See they are holding the manual back for this one too

Still not keen on the wheels and tyres though b ut nice that they still but it is great that it has teh WB8 drive shafts, as I would have thought it would considering the new Dingo kit.

Now just waiting on the new Honcho kit....but I assume it will still be some time before that is released!

Very clever of Axial to release these new puppies just before Christmas
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:25 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I have had no issues with the manuals. It is there in the same place they have always been. Someone posted about this the other day and the manual and parts list was on Axial for the new Dingo kit as well. They are towards the bottom of the page that was linked.

I like the looks of the new Honcho kit. I think Axial has done a good job on the looks of the updated kits. I think the wheels look much better with the contrasting ring compared to the all black on the Dingo. There are some nice looking stickers on this one too. The 4 link is nice and the color is nicer then the previous rtr Honcho. Nice all together.

I still think all crawlers should come with beadlocks though. I know< beating a dead horse. But it is nice to be able to take down the wheels to adjust weight and foams, etc. Small issue though as many will put on something aftermarket. Same as a full size rig. Doesn't matter how nice the stock wheels are. People want to change them for something unique. Probably the first thing many do on a full size to change or modify their vehicle. Same to an extent on these 1:10's.
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:28 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Ok found them....they are at the bottom of the page under the vehicle description.....I was looking under support/instructions, suppose they have just not updated them there as yet
Old 11-11-2011, 06:28 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

what I dont really like is to see axial giving up on the beadlocks....would like to try those new tires and be able to mount them on my rims that I already have...
rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:30 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook82 View Post
I have had no issues with the manuals. It is there in the same place they have always been. Someone posted about this the other day and the manual and parts list was on Axial for the new Dingo kit as well. They are towards the bottom of the page that was linked.

I like the looks of the new Honcho kit. I think Axial has done a good job on the looks of the updated kits. I think the wheels look much better with the contrasting ring compared to the all black on the Dingo. There are some nice looking stickers on this one too. The 4 link is nice and the color is nicer then the previous rtr Honcho. Nice all together.

I still think all crawlers should come with beadlocks though. I know< beating a dead horse. But it is nice to be able to take down the wheels to adjust weight and foams, etc. Small issue though as many will put on something aftermarket. Same as a full size rig. Doesn't matter how nice the stock wheels are. People want to change them for something unique. Probably the first thing many do on a full size to change or modify their vehicle. Same to an extent on these 1:10's.
he he...that was me
Old 11-11-2011, 06:41 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Axial have not updated the new Honcho RTR instructions correctly.....still shows old beadlock wheels and drive shafts under the parts listing.

Not trying to be funny or show Axial up....I just have an eagle eye when it comes to things like this so thought I would point it out
Old 11-11-2011, 07:29 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Like the refreshing they did. Much better than the green body IMHO.

I honestly don't think most of the people complaining about the wheels have ever even used glue on wheels for a trail truck. They work fine. Beadlocks are really only a necessity in serious comp crawling. If the tires are glued correctly, everything works fine.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:40 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post

I honestly don't think most of the people complaining about the wheels have ever even used glue on wheels for a trail truck. They work fine. Beadlocks are really only a necessity in serious comp crawling. If the tires are glued correctly, everything works fine.
I actually liked the green better! The thing that sux about glued on tires is you cant get them wet- How do you dry out the foams? You have to vent the rims or tires, and water will get in...

Love the wheel design, hate that they are not beadlocks!!!

I regret selling off all those Axial 1.9 take-offs now...

I do like the updated W8 shafts & gear cover, that somewhat makes up for the lack of beadlocks...

Last edited by R/CMaxximus5.0; 11-11-2011 at 07:43 AM.
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:13 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post

I really like the new body too. The wheels are great, even though I do wish they were beadlocks. I'm still going to be getting the Dingo kit however.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:19 AM   #12
Looking for new Trails

WOW Axial is running away with it 1 all new rig and 2 remodles very cool
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:19 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

I see it has a 3 channel RX now. Has this been the case on all of the 2.4 GHz stuff or is this new?

Last edited by Ramination; 11-11-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Ramination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #14
RCC Addict

it looks good. a few minor upgrades..

i like the beadlocks though because its easy to change out tires or rims. glued tires are nice because they dont blow beads, BUT its more work trying to unglue them, you have to either boil or bake the tire to soften the glue then once tire is off, scrape off the old glue from tire/wheel and then glue back together and better hope you got the right foams.
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/CMaxximus5.0 View Post
I actually liked the green better! The thing that sux about glued on tires is you cant get them wet- How do you dry out the foams? You have to vent the rims or tires, and water will get in...

Love the wheel design, hate that they are not beadlocks!!!

I regret selling off all those Axial 1.9 take-offs now...

I do like the updated W8 shafts & gear cover, that somewhat makes up for the lack of beadlocks...
Simple solution, either don't vent tires/wheels you intend to get wet or use a small screw to plug vent holes when going in the drink.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

I just but my TR kit 2 weeks ago so I was pretty bummed when I saw this. It figures they would release an updated kit right after I pull the trigger on one. Then I scrolled down to the bottom of the page and noticed the MAP price of $355. I figure I can do some updates with the 50 I saved AND I got the bead locks....so now I'm good!
1tenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsILayDying View Post
Thats very cool, glad to see Axial is listening to kindof whats going on with this rig. The 4 linked rear, the wild boar driveshafts, and other little odds and ends.... still wish the wheels were BeadLocks. Oh well.
Yes, good driveshafts (I never had problem with old style when using the collars), 4-linked rear, and better tires that still look scalish. Bad...glue on (non-beadlock) wheels.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tenner View Post
I just but my TR kit 2 weeks ago so I was pretty bummed when I saw this. It figures they would release an updated kit right after I pull the trigger on one. Then I scrolled down to the bottom of the page and noticed the MAP price of $355. I figure I can do some updates with the 50 I saved AND I got the bead locks....so now I'm good!
Yes, I would be happy you got the good kit and saved money!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

I really wish they hadn't pre-glued the tires! Now I have to buy tires and wheels when I buy a kit. I was hoping that the tires were not glued so I could easily just switch them over to beadlocks. The driveshaft upgrade still makes it worth it though.
NFA Fabrication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #20
RCC Addict

O look, more ripsaws. Haha!
Hydro-Tank is offline   Reply With Quote